FILE – In this Jan. 26, 2017 file photo, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Ethiopian former Minister of Health, speaks at the World Health Organization (WHO) headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For the first time, WHO’s governing body made up of 194 member states will choose from three candidates, Tuesday May 23, 2017. not one pre-selected by its executive board, as in past years. David Nabarro a British physician, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus a former Ethiopian health minister and Pakistani doctor Sania Nishtar are the candidates to replace WHO Director General Dr. Margaret Chan. (Martial Trezzini/Keystone via AP, file)
The WHO isn’t taking President Donald Trump’s threatened freeze of its funds well and is now issuing warnings of more death if Trump continues on this path.
The World Health Organization is complicit in the spread of COVID-19, as its bizarre and unfaltering loyalty to China and its narrative caused it to essentially lie to the global community about the virus’s capabilities and it repeated China’s lies about how in-control they actually were during the outbreak.
With the globe now losing thousands of lives and paying out trillions in an attempt to keep itself afloat, people are looking at the WHO the same way they’re looking at China: at fault.
Trump is also angry with the WHO and publicly shamed them. He made it clear that he was glad he closed travel to China despite the WHO’s objections and threatened that the United States, the WHO’s largest funder, will now be looking to how much money it actually deserves.
“The W.H.O. really blew it. For some reason, funded largely by the United States, yet very China centric. We will be giving that a good look. Fortunately I rejected their advice on keeping our borders open to China early on. Why did they give us such a faulty recommendation?” tweeted Trump.
The W.H.O. really blew it. For some reason, funded largely by the United States, yet very China centric. We will be giving that a good look. Fortunately I rejected their advice on keeping our borders open to China early on. Why did they give us such a faulty recommendation?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 7, 2020
Trump later announced that the U.S. is putting a “hold on the money sent to the WHO,” but added this would be reviewed.
The WHO’s director, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, issued his own statement in return which accused Trump of politicizing COVID-19 and warning that there will be “many body bags in front of us” if “we don’t behave.”
“My short message is please quarantine politicizing COVID – the unity of your country will be very important to defeat this dangerous virus. Without unity we assure you even any country that may have a better system will be in more trouble, that’s our message,” he said.
“The United States and China should come together and fight this dangerous enemy, they should come together to fight it and the rest of G-20 should come together to fight it, and the rest of the world should come together and fight it,” he said.
“We will have many body bags in front of us if we don’t behave,” he said. “When there are cracks at [the] national level and global level, that is when the virus succeeds.
To be clear, the WHO is the only one politicizing COVID-19 as it followed China’s lead from the very beginning and even goes so far as to repeat China’s stances on everything from the outbreak to Taiwan being owned by China. When the virus was spreading, they made it their mission to sell the idea that shutting down travel to China, or even identifying the virus as Chinese, was a xenophobic act.
A report by Tucker Carlson also revealed the extent of the WHO’s obedience to our communist enemies, including its deputy director cutting short an interview that attempted to bring up Taiwan.
Due to the WHO’s negligence and willingness to lie to the world in order to protect our enemies, it’s clear that there is many a body bag filled with dead people all thanks to the WHO. At this point, defunding the WHO would be a wise decision.