Your source to mainline the mayhem in mainstream media.
We start off with an amazing sign of where the media is headed. We find that in the U.K., while covering a story about some of the pressures in the LGBTπ community, the BBC was willing to alter the testimony of a sexual assault victim–in the name of being woke. The outlet went as far as changing pronouns, so the attacker wouldn’t be offended.
There is also The Daily Beast trying to gin up COVID hysteria once again, this time blaming Ron DeSantis…for one long-COVID death.
Then this being the end of the week it is time for The Friday Document Dump™, with hits on how the Washington Post is responsible for the Depp-Heard trial, a white court case was bad for blacks, black shooters are white supremacists, and John Harwood is just tweeting through it all.
Now, crack one open and enjoy some media mockery.
- The BBC altered a rape victim’s testimony with ‘proper’ pronouns for her attacker.
- The Daily Beast sees one principal dying of long COVID, and blames DeSantis.
- The Washington Post had to add an editor’s note to its now-infamous Amber Heard op-ed.
- After the white (and blonde) Amber Heard lost her case, The Root declared it was bad for black women.
- The shooting at a Tulsa hospital had the Washington Post hiding the race of the shooter.
- A black publication sees fit to highlight the race of a slain doctor, but not the shooter.
- John Harwood had a very curious week on Twitter.