Your source to mainline mayhem from mainstream media.
Well, we have been inundated over the past few days with a variety of wild reporting that carried one common distinction — a sheer departure from reputable journalism. It was rather impressive, the spectrum of ineptitude found from a variety of outlets in such a compressed period of time
The big story from last week became the Big Bust, as the alleged scandal of the Trump White House phone logs allegedly missing over seven hours was allegedly proof that Trump was allegedly hiding evidence. And then a day later, it became, ‘Oh wait, never mind, we found them’. The dubious story did not stop CNN’s John Avlon from launching into a lengthy rant about Trump’s guilt.
Possibly worse was NBC’s Jill Wine-Banks who, as a former Watergate litigator, should have known better than to launch into hyperbolic comparisons to that scandal. She also should have known better by the time she released her column. She did not know better.
I also show how the news outlets that failed to stop Florida’s parental rights bill have not stopped misleading on it, even after it was signed into law. The embarrassments stacked up on this one. I also detail the worst fact-check from the SCOTUS hearings, and find another indicator that CNN+ is generating about as much interest as a hardbound edition of the tax code from 1947 found in a library basement.
Pop open a can, and enjoy a round of media mockery!
- For those with a masochist bent, John Avlon’s full rant.
- The Jill Wine-Banks column, released after the story was proven false.
- CNN managed to only find opponents to the FL Law.
- Time is concerned FL Law can lead to parental lawsuits, loves parents suing over the FL Law.
- NBC News found two teachers quitting over the FL Law, but not really.
- Brian Stelter finds it problematic when Kayleigh McEnany joined Fox.
- Kayleigh is a Nazi, according to Justin Baragona of the Daily Beast.
- Does anyone want a CNN+ NFT? No, seriously – any one???