The connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
We just had the most vital midterm elections of our entire lifetime (according to the pre-vote hype) and have lived to tell you about it. That is because the usual incompetence has reared up in Florida and it is recount-palooza! Seriously — there are 6 elections in the state that are close enough to require additional tabulations. Brad is on the front lines of the disaster, situated as he is in Broward where the worst Supervisor of elections plies her trade.
Sarah’s home state of Georgia is no less impervious, as that governor’s race is being extended as well. It was a packed week as Brad gets to use The M-word, we gained some new leaders, and we lost lost a literal cultural legend.
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” – Thurl Ravenscroft
- Election Results! We even find some races that were settled!
- Being at ground-zero of the recount debacle Brad details why his county is such a mess.
- Sarah had her own problems in Broward, so widespread are they to be noticed in D.C.!
- Recent Texas House winner, and all-around badass Dan Crenshaw, went to Saturday Night Live to face the insulting Pete Davidson. Even with only one eye he never blinked.
- Brad detailed his election night, spent with parents and families of the Parkland shooting.
- Tucker Carlson was visited by mobs (Yes, we said that!) and a few stunted media members supported the idea.
- The newly christened Democrat members of Congress already are mewling about impeachment — get ready for 2 years of that discussion!
- The Grinch is a timeless holiday classic — so of course a new version had to be made. The marketing of the film is a mixed bag of gifts.
- Marvel Stan Lee passes away, and the world is honestly less for it.
TWITTER MOMENTS OF THE WEEK
During election coverage in the background at the Dan Crenshaw rally this small scene played out. The internet lit up with speculation what the middle aged guy said to the girls to chase them off, and then the story became even funnier when the truth was learned.
for more insightful ridiculousness, follow us:
Join the conversation as a VIP Member