Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
It has been a troubling week of political upheaval and celebrity bafflery. Major terroristic events transpired, which all agree were contemptible, but the press is in agreement all the blame rests in one place. The presence of mail bombs has the media operating on a short fuse. (Apologies for the triggering language.)
Beyond the tragedies we had famous names supporting politicians in rising fashion, a famous lawyer seeing the value in his name dropping, and a journalist hitting bottom with his relevancy. And in the midst of all this our space program takes a hint from Gerard Butler!
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “A Wonderful World”” — Sharon Van Etten & Juggernaut Kid, from “Geostorm” Soundtrack
- The mail bomber was found to live in Brad’s area. He was not too fazed, as these types are fairly regular figures by him.
- The press tries desperately to pin the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting on Trump. Too bad the shooter himself disagrees with their narrative.
- Michael Avenatti had such a bad week of things continuously going wrong for him that it is possible he received more bad news before I finished typing this sentence.
- Lebron James is campaigning for Beto O’Rourke. Will Ferrell is campaigning for Stacey Abrams in Georgia. Neither of them can vote for these candidates, but IMPORTANT!
- Kanye West is making BlExit a thing. Sarah explains what that thing is.
- Professional journalist Max Boot keeps insisting he is leaving the Republican party. We imagine he’ll stop once anyone cares.
- An elementary school play had to be cancelled because the story that is centuries old is suddenly offensive today.
- NASA had a problem with one of its satellites — and to come up with a solution they stole an idea from one of Brad’s favorite bad movies, GEOSTORM!
TWITTER MOMENTS OF THE WEEK
Sarah gives contrasting headlines regarding identical events concerning differing targets.
Stark difference in framing of these two pic.twitter.com/fsjmEpbHHz
— Eric Hartmane (@erichartmane) October 28, 2018
Brad gave this juxtaposition of Max Boot, who wants to be taken deeply serious, and wants you to see the famous friends he has.
Does not get much more oblivious:
MAX BOOT: "I'm shocked more Reps do not engage in debate on vital issues and treat me as a serious pundit as I call them racists."https://t.co/62MwT3Wwmo
— Brad Slager: aka Wuhan Solo (@MartiniShark) October 27, 2018
for more insightful ridiculousness, follow us: