I am elated to see fellow country men and women invoke their belief in our great constitution. The sleeping giant or the great silent majority has finally awoken after 80 years of federal government expansion into the lives of a free people.
( Outside of the rhetoric ) I would ask all Americans to remember we are the model and shinning light of freedom worldwide therefor we share a responsibility. That responsibility (without the help of the mainstream media) is cool heads and a unencumbered honest vote that will happen in 2010. This means a constant outreach to fellow Americans to organize. Personally I don’t think we have had a government that works in the best interests of our country for quite awhile. What the left does not understand is their argument for more control is being fully rejected by mainstream America. Americans do not want or need further federal government expansion. I would like to complete this by saying a true free capitalist solution can be done fast and effectively. The American people instinctively know this is control not health care. If Washington really wanted health care reform they would back off and let the free enterprise system do it freely without the narrow corporate lobbyist influence.
Thomas Jefferson” free government is founded in jealousy not in confidence, it is jealousy and not confidence which prescribes limited constitutions, to bind those we are obliged to trust with power…our constitution has accordingly fixed the limits to which, and no further, our confidence may go. In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the constitution.”
The fundamental basis of the constitution is to delineate the power of government. The constitution derives it’s authority by the very process that brought the document into existence (ratification by the states) through the consent of the people of the United States
Below are recommendations that may help congress restore some discipline.
1. A complete halt to new government hiring and spending on new programs.
2. In all aspects congress must live by the very laws they create. You are public servants.
James Madison wrote. “The house of representatives can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as the great mass of society. This (circumstance) has always been deemed one of the strongest bonds by which human policy can connect the rulers and the people together. It creates between them that communion of interest, and sympathy of sentiments, of which few governments have furnished examples; but without which every government degenerates into tyranny”.
3. A restriction of all relatives or married partners benefiting in any law being enacted by members. This keeps the axiom of “In the countries best interest “vigilant.
4. Free and open (public airway sponsored) televised debates. So a progression of ideas can be examined and deliberated among the citizenry.
5. Everybody that works in the United States pays a flat tax. All will have a stake in the size and intrusiveness of government while cutting out congressional shenanigans through special tax laws.
6. All legislation in front of congress should be transparent and visible (not accessible two hours before the vote). Prohibit the use of non vetted attachments.
“There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice” Charles de Montesquieu
Regardless of party I am sure we can all agree on the following.
There is nothing to be afraid of if our ideals are geared towards independence, personal freedom and laws that are common to all and not the few. This is the greatest time of our country I am proud to be a fellow American.