As part of my Saturday WaterCooler, Last Week, RedState, I have a feature called RedState Gatekeeper where I address items that affect the RedState community at large. As part of that feature I have been working to get the RedState Posting rules restored so both old and new members of our community can refer to them as needed. In that WC I am posting one or more rules a week in the order that they were found on the site in November 2016.
For ease of use I am including the complete list of Posting Rules in a Diary. These rules will be deleted when or if new RedState posting rules are available. Compliments of Diamonback. The Old Posting Rules linked below from Nov 2016.
We have an established community at RedState that we value greatly. At the same time, we keep registration, comments, and diaries open to the public. In order to support and promote our mission of educating, motivating, and activating conservatives, we have site rules. A person’s failure to comply with the rules can result in deactivation of their account.
RedState proprietors and our appointed moderators are the sole and final judges and enforcers of this policy. Users who are banned may contact the proprietors to appeal any moderator action or to lodge a complaint about moderator behavior.
The rules are as follows, and apply to both comments and diaries on the site:
1. Profanity and vulgarity are not allowed. Disturbing and/or pornographic images are forbidden.
2. Name-calling and personal attacks directed at other users is not allowed.
3. Following a user on the site to abuse, harass, or disrupt is not allowed.
4. It is forbidden to single out a user for abuse or harassment for any reason, including being new to the site, being suspected of breaking site rules, or for supporting a particular candidate for office. If you suspect that a user is breaking site rules, contact the site or a moderator directly.
5. Off topic commenting for the purpose of disruption is not allowed.
6. It is forbidden to promote or give any kind of support for parties other than the Republican Party, or candidates running against Republican primary, caucus, and/or convention nominees. Exceptions to this rule are granted when announced prominently on the front page of the site.
7. Promotion of certain theories and ideas contrary to site principles is not allowed. These ideas include, but are not limited to:
• Discrediting of opinions based on one’s service in the military, or lack thereof, commonly known as “Chickenhawking”
• Violent Jihad
• The violent overthrow of the United States Government
• Racism, and particularly theories of superiority or inferiority, racist stereotyping, and the use of racist epithets
• Baseless conspiracy theories of Jewish, Israeli, or Zionist control of American foreign policy or the American government. Baseless accusations of “dual loyalties” to a person solely for being Jewish or being of Jewish descent are not allowed.
• Theories that Barack Obama is not eligible to the Presidency of the United States, or political movements based on that idea. Birthers must post their theories elsewhere.
• Theories of the 9/11 terrorist attacks that suggest the US national, state, or local governments allowed, encouraged, conducted, or were in any other way involved with the attacks, including the “9/11 Truth movement,” or theories that buildings were intentionally collapsed on that day. Truthers must post their theories elsewhere.
8. Generalized attacks on mainstream, peaceful religious beliefs and practices are forbidden. RedState is firstly a political website, and is not an appropriate venue for debates on comparative Christianity and Judaism.
9. Usernames or aliases of known public figures without permission and impersonation of public figures are forbidden.
10. No attempt may be made to use multiple accounts or team efforts to manipulate the Recommended Diaries feature, and no person is allowed to use the Recommend feature on his/her own work with any account.
11. The use of multiple accounts by a single person in a covert, deceptive way to provide the appearance of greater support for his/her views, (commonly known as “sock puppeting”) is not allowed.
12. Re-registration under a new username by a person with a previously banned account, without permission from the site proprietors, is forbidden. Circumvention of site bans is not allowed.
13. The dissemination of talking points from the Democrat Party, or its politicians and allies, is not allowed.
14. It is forbidden to attempt to discredit or bring disharmony to the site, the Republican Party, any of its candidates, or the conservative movement by pretending to be something one is not and posting maliciously. The practices known as “concern trolling” or “mobying” are included in this ban.
15. The closing of comments or deletion of content by anyone other than the proprietors or moderators is not allowed.