NOTE: Keep in mind – THIS IS SATIRE 🙂
(read my introduction post for background)
The Nobel Prize Committee announced its intentions to nominate President Barack Obama for the Nobel Prize in Advanced Economics. We cannot think of a more deserving candidate than the ever candidate Obama. His economic achievements in this field are unparalleled. He has accomplished what could not be accomplished by the collective efforts of Presidents over two centuries. A brief overview:
- He added more to National Debt in first 19 months in office than all Presidents from Washington
- Washington through Reagan combined
- The number of Americans on food stamps under his Administration has climbed 37%.
- The Misery Index (unemployment plus inflation) is up 62% since he took office.
- There are now more long-term unemployed than at any time since the government started keeping records.
- There are 2 million fewer private-sector jobs now than when he was sworn in, and the unemployment rate is 1.5 percentage points higher.
- The national debt is now approximately 40% higher than it was in January 2009
This is only a small sampling of the great work he has done in this area.
We wholeheartedly applaud the Nobel Prize Committee for making another splendid choice in nominees for such a prestigious award.
### Take time to stop by our blog when you get a chance. It’s a humorous take on the news from a conservative viewpoint. Would love your feedback and participation. Thanks!###