He’s not just the President. He’s the King of Distortion, Deception, and good old fashioned Dishonesty.
And now is your chance to vote for athe Biggest Lie (so far) from our fork-tongued President!
Folks, this isn’t going to be easy. There are so many boldfaced whoppers to choose from!
OBAMA’S BIGGEST LIES
1. “I wasn’t in church during the time that these statements were made. I did not hear such incendiary language myself, personally.” (Yet, Obama was close enough to Rev. Wright to call him his ‘spritual mentor’ and have him preside over his wedding? Hmmm….)
2. “Frankly, it’s not really something I’ve followed closely. I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.” (I like that Obama added the word “frankly”. This guy is good!)
3. “I would put my health care plan forward and I would welcome input and say, ‘here are my goals: reduce costs, increase quality coverage for everybody. If you have better ideas, please present them.’ But these negotiations will be on C-SPAN. And so the public will be part of the conversation and will see the choices that are being made.” (Ha! Did anyone believe this load of garbage? I mean, next thing you know, health care protesters are being called Nazis, mobs, racists, un-American…)
4. “We will go through our federal budget, page by page, line by line‚ eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way.” (Seriously, the $10 trillion dollar man said that.)
5. “This budget is sober in its assessments, honest in its accounting, and lays out in detail my strategy for investing in what we need, cutting what we don’t, and restoring fiscal discipline.” (Actually, there are about six lies in that one sentence.)
6. “Already we’ve identified $2 trillion in deficit reductions over the next decade.” (Stop, stop. You’re killing me.)
7. “I’ll also institute an absolute gift ban, so that no registered lobbyist can curry favor with members of my administration based on how much they can spend on a fancy dinner. I’ll make our government open and transparent, so that anyone can ensure that our business is the people’s business. Justice Louis Brandeis once said, “Sunlight is the greatest disinfectant. And as President, I’m going to make it impossible for Congressman and lobbyists to slip pork-barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws when no one’s looking. Because when I’m President, meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public. No more secrecy – that’s a commitment I make to you as President.” (Oh gosh. Where to begin?)
8. “The reforms I’m proposing will not apply to those that are here illegally.” (This one got the infamous ‘You lie!’ reaction. Why was Obama accused of lying? Because nowhere in the bill is there a provision for enforcement of a ban of services to illegal aliens. Very slippery, Mr. President.)
9. “I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits, either now or in the future.” (One dime, no. But a few trillion dollars, absolutely!)
10. “Nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have. Let me repeat this: Nothing in our plan requires you to change what you have.” (Never mind that the government is giving employers incentives to drop their employees’ coverage and force them into the government plan. Seriously, just ignore that.)
11. “Now, I have no interest in putting insurance companies out of business.” (Giggle.)
12. “Reducing the waste and inefficiency in Medicare and Medicaid will pay for most of this plan.” (For the first time ever, government is going to reduce waste?)
13. “I will reduce taxes for 95% of Americans.” (Never mind that he’s letting the Bush tax cuts expire, which means an automatic 5% tax increase on everyone. Plus, Obama wants to double capital gains taxes. Oh yeah, let’s not forget that his cap and trade program will, in his own words, make electricity prices “necessarily skyrocket.”)
14. Domestic terrorist William Ayers “is just a guy who lives in my neighborhood.” (Yeah. Ayers, Jessee Jackson, and Louis Farrakan. Imagine that block party.)
15. “I will make sure that no government bureaucrat or insurance company bureaucrat gets between you and the care that you need.” (We’re supposed to ignore the 47 new government agencies proposed in the health care bill and instead imagine Barack Obama himself swooping into our doctor’s office to make sure everything is a-okay.)
16. “I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of the President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.” (He started his Presidency with a real doozy!)
Join the conversation as a VIP Member