I’ve been skeptical this year of our President’s faith, moreover his supposed Christian faith. On one hand he as overtly stated that he is a Christian, both on the campaign trail and more loudly in his Cairo speech to the Muslim world. The latter sounds quite convincing. On the other hand his actions toward the Christian community are about as nonexistent as water in the desert and perhaps even intentionally. If I’ve learned one thing about our tenderfooted President, whether it be from lobbyists to transparency promises to investigations into the CIA, it’s clear that he will say one thing and then do the exact opposite. So forgive me if I don’t take him at his word.
In fact, let’s pretend for a moment that his faith is a mystery and let’s look at his actions this year and see if we can figure it out:
- President Obama bowed to the Saudi King. I mean really, who does that? According to a Muslim friend of mine, NOBODY.
- When in Turkey this year, Obama stated “We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation, we consider ourselves a nation of citizens.” He did note that we have a large Christian population, but apparently that, along with the fact that our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principals doesn’t qualify us as a Christian nation.
- In his speech at Georgetown University, a Catholic based institution, the Obama administration had the IHS monogram (symbol for the name of Jesus) on stage covered up during his speech. Oddly, it was too high to be in the camera angle, so it seems odd that our President covered it, especially with the other representations in the room that was left uncovered.
- On the National Day of Prayer President Obama chose not to openly celebrate it.
- In an interview with a French Paper in preparation for his Cairo speech, Obama stated “And one of the points I want to make is, is that if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.” As Ed Morrissey points out, this is blatantly NOT TRUE. It also seems odd that he would just throw that around with his previous reservations in labeling our country.
- Let’s not forget about the Cairo Speech to the entire Muslim world in June.
- Despite the repression of Obama’s Muslim heritage during the campaign, the White House has now begun to embrace it.
- Obama’s firm response to the rigged Iranian Election in June took 12 days, despite the people’s uprising and overt violence from the Iranian regime. And yet he didn’t criticize the rigged elections, he just condemned the violence. His willingness to work with an falsely elected president hasn’t missed a beat – even noted today. Contrast that to his immediate response to Honduras ousting President Zelaya, calling it a military coup and threatening to stop aid if they didn’t reinstate Zelaya. This despite the fact that Honduras acted in accordance with their constitution to prevent what happened in the neighboring country of Venezuela.
- Under new administration policies, the pentagon denied a military flyover to the God and C0untry Festival on the basis that it was a religious event. This event, despite it’s Christian foundation, saluted and honored our soldiers for their service to our country.
- President Obama sends a message to the Muslim world at the beginning of Ramadan.
- President Obama held a Celebration of Ramadan dinner last night at the White House inviting many American Muslim guests.
President Obama’s actions signify that he has an aversion to Christianity, while they also seem to signify that Islam holds a more special place in his heart. Despite his rhetoric, the facts don’t lie. Now many will say that his actions toward the Muslim world are purely political, but if that were true his politics wouldn’t allow him to offend a nation of Christians that will potentially reelect him to office. After all, he is the one claiming to be Christian.
There is a pattern becoming visible in his actions that can’t be denied.