Here are a few thoughts on today’s CPAC straw poll results. After the conference we were all discussing how one could sum up these candidates with just one positive and negative comment.
1. Mitt Romney — 20 percent (+business expertise) (-too perfectly coiffed?)
2. Bobby Jindal — 14 percent (+governor) (-too green)
3. Sarah Palin — 13 percent (+name recognition) (-needs more bookwork)
4. Ron Paul — 13 percent (+a true small government supporter) (-age)
5. Newt Gingrich — 10 percent (+brilliant strategist) (-homefront and sour 1990s)
6. Mike Huckabee — 7 percent (+Reagenesque communication) (-likes big government too much)