I wrote a piece on Friday on the failure of the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, following a ruling from a federal judge that Obama was essentially guilty of misappropriation of funds when he attempted to finance parts of his “crowning achievement” after Congress had defunded it.
You may also recall another bit of news on Friday. That was the day that King Barack sent every school district in America an extortion letter demanding that sexually-confused boys be permitted to use the bathroom and take a shower next to your daughter.
Believe it or not, these two items are related. On the same day Obama was mandating sexual perversion in the public schools system, he issued another directive that will require financing under the guidelines found in Obamacare.
In true Saul Alinsky style, Obama used the distraction of his edict on the schools, ignored his losses in the courts, and notified the nation’s insurers–including Medicare, Medicaid and participants in the Obamacare marketplace–that they will be required to cover sex-change procedures under new rules about to be released.
Using classic government-speak, a spokesperson for the Department of Health and Human Services told The Washington Free Beacon:
“The final rule does not require covered entities to cover any particular procedure or treatment for transition-related care, including gender reassignment surgery. However, it does bar a covered entity from categorically excluding from coverage or limiting coverage for all gender transition-related services.” (emphasis mine)
Translation? We’re not requiring you to cover sex-change operations. We’re just saying you can’t NOT cover them.
In addition to ruling that “categorical coverage exclusions or limitations for all health care services related to gender transition are discriminatory,” including services such as breast implant surgery, hormone therapy and sex change surgery, the directive says:
- Women must be treated equally with men in the health care they receive and the insurance they obtain;
- Individuals must be treated consistent with their gender identity, including in access to facilities;
- Individuals cannot be denied healthcare or health coverage based on their sex, including their gender identity and sex stereotyping;
- Providers may not deny or limit treatment for any health services that are ordinarily or exclusively available to individuals of one gender based on the fact that a person seeking such services identifies as belonging to another gender;
- Sex-specific health programs or activities are permissible only if the entity can demonstrate an exceedingly persuasive justification, that is, that the sex-specific health program or activity is substantially related to the achievement of an important health-related or scientific objective.
So, besides the fact that Obama simply doesn’t believe the Constitution applies to him, how does his majesty justify this? Well, it was earlier this month that Education Secretary John B. King, Jr. gave a keynote address to the Education Writers Association where he suggested that the DOE would be using a politically-correct interpretation of Title IX to bully schools by turning transgenderism into a civil right.
In Section 1557 of Obamacare there is language similar to Title IX, giving the administration the same “legal” rationale for imposing its will on Obama’s failed socialized medicine agenda.
While the administration claims that this isn’t a mandate, per se, the result is likely the same. As The Federalist so aptly concluded, this new rule will undoubtedly result in a discrimination lawsuit the first time some sexually-confused individual is denied the money to pay for a sex-change operation. Because in Obama’s America, a sexually-confused man’s freedom to get a boob job is a civil right.
Originally posted on The Strident Conservative
David Leach is the owner of The Strident Conservative, your source for opinion that’s politically-incorrect and always “right.” David is also a contributor to RedState.com.
His daily commentary is nationally syndicated via Salem Radio Network.