This has been long overdue. Mitt Romney has possibly done more than any other Republican to earn the distinction of being a member of our Hall of Shame, but his recent behavior has secured his place in Gutless On Principles Hall Of Shame infamy. Here’s why…
- Mitt Romney surprised at the news
- There’s a Facebook page calling for him to run.
- There’s a movement to draft him to run in 2016.
- Pat Buchanan wants him to run.
- Establishment Republicans—the same ones who declared war on the T.E.A. Party and other conservative groups during the Republican primaries; many of whom are already members of the GOP Hall Of Shame—want him to run.
- Recent polls show that Romney would outperform Hillary Clinton in a head-to-head matchup.
Yep! If you listen to the chorus of boosters, you’d think that Romney has already sewn up the nomination. But is there something the polls and the cheerleading squad aren’t telling us? According to political pundit Charles Krauthammer there is. He thinks what we are witnessing is nothing more than a case of “buyer’s remorse”:
“The pro-Romney vote is more of an anti-Obama vote — like I wish I had a second shot at that one, and how did I get it so wrong? I don’t think it really is an endorsement of him.”
Actually, I think it boils down to something else. I think what we are witnessing is an attempt by the media to feed the low-information voters with enough pro-Romney propaganda to convince them that an established loser like Romney is the man for the job while they support Hillary Clinton or [mc_name name=’Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)’ chamber=’senate’ mcid=’W000817′ ] in the background.
If you take a closer look at Mitt, you can see that he’s just the same as Obama, particularly on the issues of Obamacare and immigration reform—politispeak for amnesty—which we have documented as being responsible for providing incentives that will take millions of jobs from American citizens and give them to the millions of illegal immigrants Obama just granted amnesty to.
- Obamacare: Mitt favors it, or at least a reasonable facsimile. According to Jonathan Gruber—the architect of Obamacare—the Romneycare program in Massachusetts was used as a model for the disastrous Affordable Care Act.
- Amnesty for illegal aliens: Romney recently stated that the new Republican majority in Washington should just “swallow hard” and pass amnesty legislation similar to Obama’s unconstitutional Executive Order in order for the GOP to “get the credit.” In other words, Romney doesn’t care if it’s good for America. He’s only concerned about the votes and/or the money it will get for Republicans.
Mitt Romney is a lot like the baseball player who needs a big hit, but is about to strike out. Strike one was losing the [mc_name name=’Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)’ chamber=’senate’ mcid=’M000303′ ] for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008. Strike two happened when he lost to Obama in the general election in 2012. Strike three comes if the Washington power brokers make him the Republican candidate for president in 2016.
For his losing track record since leaving his job as Governor of Massachusetts; for thinking just like Obama on vital issues; for trying to force his Obama-lite policy ideas on the Republican party; and for putting politics ahead of America’s best interest, we enshrine our latest inductee into the Gutless On Principle Hall of Shame . . . Mitt Romney.