Obama and Race a No-Starter
Nobody admits it, but race was a huge factor in the recent presidential election. Many Republicans seemed paranoid about appearing racist by not exclaiming the virtues of the first black president. Some of those who didn’t vote for Obama actually wished Obama the best, and planned to watch the inauguration.
Obama is called America’s first black president. But he’s only 50% black, with a white mother and a black father. Many do not take MLK Jr’s words to heart: “I have a dream…where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
The thrust should have been to elect a leader with good character. Possibilities include Michael Steele, JC Watts, Justice Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza Rice, Thomas Sowell, Justice Janice Rodgers Brown, Reverend Wayne Perryman, Angela McGowan, Frances Rice, and Shelby Steele (black father/ white mother) to name a few. Interesting, all of the aforementioned are Black.
Each of these would likely not have received the same kind of black participation and laud in their inauguration as Obama. One can easily deduce character really didn’t matter to 54% of America. But race did.
A portion of our population forgets a huge amount of factual history:
1) Lincoln (Republican) freed Blacks with the Emancipation Proclamation
2) Republicans were responsible for passing 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments.
3) Democrats started the “KKK” in 1866.
4) Democrats enacted discriminatory “Black Codes” and “Jim Crow” laws.
5) Republicans, and especially Republican Senator Everett Dirksen, were responsible for all Civil Rights laws of 1866, 1875, 1957, 1964, and 1965.
6) Joe Biden, while senator, boasted that his home state of Delaware was a “slave” state.
7) Republican Richard Nixon first to enact “AA” in his 1969 Philadelphia Plan.
8) MLK Sr. and MLK Jr. were both Republicans.
9) Alveda King revealed her uncle (MLK Jr.) would’ve definitely been against abortion.
10) Republican James Weldon Johnson first to lead NCAAP on Lincoln’s 100th birthday.
11) Democrat “Bull” Connor turned dogs and fire hoses on civil rights demonstrators.
12) Democrat Lester Maddox prevented Blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
13) Democrat George Wallace in front of a schoolhouse screaming “segregation forever”.
14) Democrat JFK had MLK Jr. wiretapped on suspicion of being a communist.
15) On 12/10/04 in US District Court the Democrat Party admitted racism for 150 years based on their “Jim Crow” laws and “Black Codes”. But, decision thrown out on a technicality.
All of these, and other facts, can be checked on www.NBRA.info or http://www.trustedpartner.com/docs/library/000143/NBRA%20Civil%20Rights%20Newsletter.pdf.
With what was been called the most racist and oppressive administration towards “life”, Obama has eliminated the Mexico City Policy, allowing taxpayers to pay for all overseas abortions for Americans. He has joined forces with Planned Parenthood, and plans to make appointments to the Supreme Court that are only pro-abortion judges.
Worst of all, he knows the fact that even though Blacks are only 13% of the population they make up 35% of all abortions. Literally ¼ of the Black population has been killed since Roe vs. Wade by abortion. Instead of increasing in percentage of American population, Blacks have been decreasing. If one plots for the elimination of a group of people, this is a way to do it.
The Kansas Conference of Catholic Bishops has publicly stated what many of the USCCB would not publicly state—“Advancing pro-abortion candidates is incompatible with the Catholic Faith”. Voting for such a candidate would be considered “intrinsically evil” regardless of the circumstances. The USCCB publicly stated abortion was highest on the list of issues—not the economy. Even Pope Benedict (flying to Brazil 5/9/07) stated that one should face outright excommunication from the Church for supporting the killing of a human child.
Why would Obama support the killing of the Black population? Why would he support the abortion of Blacks over every other population segment? Why would he lie about reducing the number of abortions once he became president?
A frightening statistic is Hitler was responsible for 6 million deaths during the Holocaust. With Supreme Court nominations and new policies, Obama will be responsible for 6 million deaths if president for 4 years.
Respecting Obama and the position of president, and praying for his conversion to a true Christian, is something all of us need to do. Wishing him the best, and going to his inauguration suggests agreement with his policies as well, and is not good at all.
When hearing the suggestion of him being the “anti-Christ”, it has been written off as a gross exaggeration. With every policy and every appointment he has made, that decision may have to be re-evaluated.
Kevin Roeten can be reached at [email protected] .