Both President Barack Obama and former President Clinton are vacationing on Martha’s Vineyard. So. Nothing new there. Both like to golf. Same, nothing new there. MSNBC reports that apparently for the second time in history, the two “ran into each other” on the golf course on Saturday. H’mmm. Something there? It depends on what the meaning of the word there is. I accept that there are all kinds of coincidences in this world, but this is not one of them. I know enough about golf and tee times to know you just don’t “run into” people on the golf course.
With the word now out that there are 60 emails deemed as classified as the review continues, and with more than one stiletto pump yet to drop, Bill needs Barack and much as Barack needs Bill. Care to conjecture what they were talking about?
The story lines keep getting revised from the Clinton Presidential campaign, with Mrs. Clinton’s statement at the United Nations back in March:
I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material.
So I’m certainly well-aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material.
to a more recent statement during a July 25th campaign stop in Iowa:
I am confident that I never sent nor received any information that was classified at the time it was sent and received. [emphasis added]
As this email debacle continues, serious damage also can affix itself to the White House and State Dept. Both knew that Hillary Clinton, while Secretary of State, kept a private email server, and nothing was done about it. If this were a normal FBI investigation, the White House and State Dept. officials who knew about the server, could ultimately be charged as accessories, for passing the materials. So the million dollar questions become:
- If the FBI finds enough solid evidence that indicates classified information at all levels was found in the emails that were kept on Clinton’s private server, will FBI Director Comey find the backbone to request DOJ prosecute Hillary Clinton?
- If requested, will Attorney General Loretta Lynch do her job and proceed, or will she stonewall for months, and months, and months?
- Will Clinton’s subordinates, Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills, be willing to assume the 2015/16 capes of Susan and Jim McDougal?
- Will the Clinton Presidential campaign implode once again?
- Was Bill Clinton’s golf game with the President a cover for the real serious discussion of what’s to be done, by whom and when?
A potential opening salvo to consider. When Vice President Joe Biden attended the memorial service for the fallen service members in Chattanooga yesterday, he called the slayer a “perverted jihadist.” Words and comments distinctly different from this Administration’s previous stance. Could our VP be signalling, with the tacit approval of the President, that he’s going to be indeed entering the race and challenging Clinton, running “as his own man?”
In politics, there is no such thing as a coincidence.