Below are 10 points that summarize the message of the Communist Manifesto. I comment in those items where the Obama administration policies are following this manifesto.
- Abolition of private property
- Heavy progressive income tax – This will get worse as Obama needs to pay for his socialized medicine and other spending programs. Especially if he has any desire to reduce the federal deficit or implement pay-as-you-go policies.
- Abolition of all rights on inheritance
- Confiscation of property of all emigrants and rebels
- Central Bank – The government is currently the chief stock holder in 3 of the top 5 banks in our country. This does include government run institutions such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Government control of communications and transportation – Obama has mentioned that the government should have the power to take over the internet if there is an emergency.
- Government ownership of factories and agriculture – Government is the chief stock holder in one of this country’s larges industries – The auto industry.
- Government control of labor – Unions are forcing companies to raise prices on consumers and downsize to compete – The auto industry is a good example of union (UAW) that is crippling the industry. The UAW is a powerful special interest group that gets a lot of liberal support because the UAW contributes to their political campaigns. The Teamster Union and the Teacher’s Union are other examples of powerful unions.
- Corporate farms, regional planning
- Government control of education – No child left behind and other federal bureaucratic standardize testing policies are paralyzing educational systems with over analysis. It is arrogant and irresponsible for the federal government to imply it better understands educational problems better than the communities or states. Obama continues to throw money at education despite the U.S. already pays more dollars per student than any other country in the world. All of this money has strings attached so the government controls education. Obama is also pushing for a higher education bill to give more money to kids that want to go to college. Let’s not forget the Teachers Union is a special interest group that pours millions into Democrat campaign funds.
It is amazing how socialized we are becoming as a nation. Yes, this started before Obama, but he is definitely making it worse. I am open to any other comments of how we are moving towards compatibility with Communist Manifesto.
My Blog: http://patrickbohan.blogtownhall.com/ (The Theory of Mediocrity)
My Book: Is America Dying? (Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com)