MSNBC ANALYST: GOP SEES CAIN AS ‘A BLACK MAN WHO KNOWS HIS PLACE’
Move over George Bush, Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann; panicked liberals have a new favorite punching bag – and his name is Herman Cain. While this ugly chapter in Democratic politics-as-usual will get a whole lot uglier before it’s over, it already has reached a level of hypocritical irony that only liberals can achieve – all with a straight face, no less:
- Rep. Andre Carson, (D – Ind.) charged that Tea Party members – teabaggers to you liberals – would “love to see us [black Americans] as second-class citizens.” After further idiotic thought, Carson opened his mouth to change feet – and stooped even lower: “Some of them would love to see us hanging on a tree.”
- Nancy Pelosi and Sheila Jackson Lee claimed that opposition to Obama’s policies is based on one simple fact: He’s black.
- House Assistant Democratic Leader James Clyburn echoed the charge: “The fact of the matter is, the president’s problems are in large measure because of the color of his skin.”
Clearly, in the irrationally “rational” mind of the liberal – simply looking cross-eyed at Barack Obama is racist. Dare to oppose his policies? Hell, that’s a level of racism unparalleled in America since the days of slavery.
However – as is always the case with Democrats, the same litmus test does not apply to their bigoted comments or behavior as it relates to black conservatives:
- Desperate Senate Democrats attempted to derail the confirmation of then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas, (who had enjoyed a reputation for treating women with courtesy and respect that dated to his college days) by employing an 11th-hour strategy of charging him with sexual harassment. An outraged Thomas dismissed the charges as a “high-tech lynching of an uppity black.” (Final score: Clarence Thomas: 1, Senate Democrats: 0)
- Fierce Democratic opposition to the confirmation of Condoleezza Rice as Secretary of State.
- The current treatment of Herman Cain – by everyone from Jon Stewart to the New York Times. Mr. Cain has been called a bigot, a racist, a black clown – and worse. He has been ridiculed and accused of “minstrelsy” in his interaction with white audiences; Al Sharpton wondered aloud if Cain is “authentically black,” presumably because he “sho don’t act black.”
This brings us to a recent “episode” of race-baiter extraordinaire Martin Bashir’s pathetic program on equally pathetic MSNBC. Fellow-loon, Democratic strategist and MSNBC analyst Karen Finney claims that Republicans are supporting Herman Cain because of his race.
So, let me get this straight: conservatives oppose Barack Obama because he is black, but support Herman Cain because he is black. Shoot me.
This is particularly hysterical in light of the blind support of Barack Obama by blacks; even now, his approval rating among blacks is an astonishing 86%. (While his polling numbers are down somewhat in recent months, 58% of blacks still hold a “strongly favorable” view of this president – compared to 31% of registered voters in general.) And this disproportionate level of support is based on what?
Karen, can you give us one reason other than the fact that Barack Obama is black which explains his approval ratings among blacks?Can’t think of any? Need more time? We’ll wait. (Um, it’s because he’s BLACK.)
“One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy,” Finney said. “I think he is giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think he’s a black man who knows his place. I know that’s harsh, but that’s how it sure seems to me.”
The strange “logic” of Finney is astonishing – a black man who knows his place? This woman is either lying, or she’s so far gone that no amount of reality can bring clarity to her Kool-Aid soaked brain.
Based on the “normal” logic of Democrats, is it not universally held that Republicans are racists – even black Republicans -and they discriminate against blacks? The last time I looked up “discrimination” in the dictionary, I missed the part about being a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination.
Is it not also a fact that Democrats – black, white and every color in between – are feverishly attacking Herman Cain precisely because he is not behaving like he “knows his place”? (That whole “authentic black” thing that race-baiter Sharpton is spewing these days.)
While Herman Cain has so far declined all pig-wrestling invitations, it is hard – and will get much harder – to watch the pathetic piranhas of the left denigrate, and attempt to destroy him – all for the sin of being a successful, conservative black man.
In the minds of decent Americans, this equally decent man is not the one who is diminished by the deplorable words and actions of the left; it is those who stoop to personal attacks in lieu of substantive debate whose (lack of) character is being laid bare. It is those whose morally-bankrupt philosophy leaves them no alternative – in their liberal minds – but to attempt to destroy those with whom they disagree. It is those who are desperate – and fail to admit it – even to themselves.
You don’t suppose buck-dancin’ Tom will call for an end to the personal attacks on Herman Cain, do you?