The Daily Beast:
When retired Marine Col. Lee Busby read it was too late for a write-in candidate for the Alabama senate race, he said, “Hold my beer, we will just see about that.”
Busby told The Daily Beast on Monday he is launching his long-shot bid to stop Republican nominee Roy Moore from reaching the Senate.
“I have no idea if the allegations against him true or not, but I don’t see anything within his experience as a judge that qualifies him for the job.”
Busby said his state needs a choice other than Moore or Democrat Doug Jones.
If ever there’s a race that needs a third choice, this is it. Consider Colonel Busby’s credentials:
- 31-year Marine Corps veteran
- Served as vice chief of staff for General John Kelly
- CEO of his own business
- Defense consultant
- Investment banker
- Has just as much legislative experience as Roy Moore
- Understands the US Constitution better than Roy Moore
- Creates sculptures of fallen Marines
- No known record of sexual improprieties
And most importantly,
- Is not Doug Jones
- Is not Roy Moore
Finally, a candidate that Alabamians can get behind. Hoo-rah!