While I felt that my response to this Washington Post article involving the investigation of seven PMA Porkers* was pretty succinct (mad giggling usually is), this follow-up article describing the document disclosure (completely accidental, of course) and some more names to watch deserves at least a bullet points list. Also of interest to ethics investigators, apparently:
- Charles Rangel (D, NY): Junketing to Caribbean islands on private companies’ dimes (illegal).
- Alan Mollohan (D, WV): may be subject to DoJ probe over failure to disclose real estate disclosures.
- Jane Harman (D, CA): subpoenas over potential trading of favors involving Israeli lobbyists.
- Sam Graves (R, MO): Actually, they cleared him. But the WaPo knew that they needed to not have this be completely a Democratic list.
- Maxine Waters (D, CA): Not in the document, apparently, – but the ethics panel is investigating her for potentially getting her husband’s bank in on bailout money. The WaPo felt the need to mention this, so it’s all right if I do.
- Laura Richardson (D, CA): Likewise not in the document; likewise under investigation for failure to disclose; likewise mentioned by the WaPo.
All in all… oh, we are going to have so much fun in the spring and summer of 2010.
Crossposted to Moe Lane.