But before you do, watch this video that has audio of Hersh talking about how the JSOC was an assassination squad under the orders of the Executive branch.
Yes, of course I’m going to harp on it. It’s my blog entry and the uncritical belief in whatever Sy Hersh says has been one of the more pathetic undercurrents in the left blogosphere for years now. Think of this as an intervention. An intervention of ridicule.
- Legal Insurrection has video from Democracy Now, who believed all of this nonsense back in March. And, yeah, those were the same lunatics that Rumsfeld ignored like the insignificant people that they are.
- Jules Crittenden brings up the ‘stay-behinds.’ I do wonder sometimes whether these people wanted to be oppressed, and resented us for not doing it.
- Poligazette gets it all wrong. Tom Clancy is a professional writer: he’d not write anything this clumsy in a million years.
- Gateway Pundit points out the inevitable Jewish connection. It’s not a proper conspiracy unless it involves the Jews somehow, apparently.
- Q&O notes the medium for this particular message.
- Right Wing News does a psychological assessment that would be completely out of line if RWN was a trained mental health professional. As RWN is not, it’s perfectly OK just to go with ‘bat[expletive deleted] crazy.’
- American Mind wants us to stop taking Seymour Hersh seriously. Indeed. So people need to stop listening with one hand when he starts babbling next time, OK?
- Neptunus Lex invokes the dread Shark Jump. Indeed. At a level seen only at the end of this trailer, frankly.
- Don Surber is putting two-and-two together, and getting the real undisclosed location. Guess Biden was just helping a colleague out with some disinformation.
- Jammie Wearing Fool? Just gobsmacked.
We can keep doing this, you know. It’s fun to mock Sy Hersh. Our readers enjoy it. So, if people want us to stop, well…
Crossposted to Moe Lane.