Send your request in for waivers, today.
Dear Secretary Sebelius:
It has come to my attention that you have issued 111 1-year waivers to companies to opt out of Obamacare. In addition, you have exempted Native Americans, Amish and Muslims for religious reasons so they are not forced to participate, nor are they penalized for not doing so.
With that information in mind, I want to request a waiver for myself and my family want verifiable proof that we can opt out of Obamacare for a number of reasons. We are Native Americans, tracing one leg of our family history all the way back to Pocahontas in 1523. I can submit the Ancestry.com documentation if you like. We are also Native Americans on the other side of the family, tracing our ancestry to Annanias Maddewell in Newton County Arkansas. Although Annanias did not have a Dawes roll number, she was adopted by the Madewell family and you can find her documented history on Ancestry.com, as well. She was full blood Cherokee.
If that is not enough information to opt out, we have a Yoder in the family and family from Pakistan….so we should have the trifecta to opt out.
Looking further into the matter of waivers, I also believe that you have given many, many unions a waiver to opt out….I thought those with “Cadillac” plans were supposed to be punished for having them, not rewarded for supporting you politically? You didn’t think anyone would notice?????
United Food and Commercial Workers Allied Trade Health and Welfare Trust Fund
– International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union No. 915
– Asbestos Workers Local 53 Welfare Fund
– Employees Security Fund
– Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 123 Welfare Fund
– United Food and Commercial Workers Local 227
– United Food and Commercial Workers Local 455 (Maximus)
– United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1262
– Musicians Health Fund Local 802
– Hospitality Benefit Fund Local 17
– Transport Workers Union
– United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund
– International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (AFL-CIO)
– Plus two organizations that appear to be chapters of the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA)
– Service Employees Benefit Fund (exempt until 2018)
– Local 25 SEIU Welfare Fund in Chicago (exempt until 2018)
– McDonald’s, Darden Resteraunts [Olive Garden, Red Lobster] and Jack in the Box
– Carlson Restaurants and Regis
– Manor Care Inc., a nursing-home company owned by Washington-based private equity firm Carlyle Group, and
– Universal Forest Products Inc., a lumber company based in Grand Rapids, Michigan
– Dish Network
These are only a few of the recipients, and you had better believe that if Captain Elliot’s Party Boats gets a waiver, I want one, as well.
I don’t ask much. I had to go outside of work to insure my family and am paying for a crappy plan out of pocket. My insurance at work skyrocketed from $450 a month to $1200 a month to cover my family, and being the choosy mother I am, I opted to feed my family rather than get insurance through work. I had to look for insurance outside of employer based coverage, thanks to Obamacare. It seems my insurance problems begin and end in the same geographic location.
Insomuch that you have elected to let SEIU have waivers until 2018, I want either exemption or waivers until that time as well.
I will be waiting by the mailbox awaiting your reply. Please make sure I have it in plenty of time to properly fill out my taxes.