As I was thinking about 2010 being a pivotal year in politics and how the Tea Parties, conservatives and independents will be the key to unseating the most corrupt House and Senate we have ever had, I found inspiration from an unlikely source.
In his 1964 speech, Malcolm X urged blacks who faced discrimination to make changes by the ballot or the bullet, either to judiciously use the vote to rid themselves of hypocritical and useless politicians, or arm themselves for a revolution. In 2010, we find ourselves as conservatives in the same boat. Some pertinent quotes from Malcolm X that I find parallel our situation today are as follows:
it does mean we’re anti-exploitation, we’re anti-degradation, we’re anti-oppression
Conservatives have been maligned in 2009 as members of KKK, those who want to keep slavery, anti-government bigots, anti-Obama racists, treasonous gun-toting white militants and even worse. We have had governmental legislation shoved down our throats and bailout after bailout of OUR money given away in freebies by those who claim to represent us, but in fact are the biggest hypocrites of our day.
If we don’t do something real soon, I think you’ll have to agree that we’re going to be forced either to use the ballot or the bullet…It isn’t that time is running out—time has run out!
A revolution is coming in 2010. Democrats and Republicans will be pink slipped by the people. Centrists, moderates, liberals and RINOs will face the music for their disenfranchisement of the American people. They will be taken to task for their heavy handed, immoral behavior and we will not stop until they are gone.
when you see them coming up with that kind of conspiracy, let them know your eyes are open. And let them know you—something else that’s wide open too. It’s got to be the ballot or the bullet. The ballot or the bullet. If you’re afraid to use an expression like that, you should get on out of the country
Free speech, a thing we used to take for granted is not parsed into threats, hate speech and the Democratic machine has made sure that free speech is no longer free. When Alan Grayson demands jail time for a blogger that calls him nuts, free speech is anything but free. Today, I declare the words of Malcolm X to be true. By bullet or ballot. Only free men can use one or the other. In the current administration, coupled with our threat from the UN as our Sell-outSecretary of State Clinton, resigns our sovereignty by giving up our wealth and liberties to the others, we are poised to make a choice. We will either allow the destruction of the country we love by self loathing, America hating liberals in power, or by vote or force, we will have to take it back and reclaim our constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. It was true in 1964, it is true today.
you put the Democrats first and the Democrats put you last
This one needs no explanation. It is simply truth.
I find you can get a whole lot of small people and whip hell out of a whole lot of big people. They haven’t got anything to lose, and they’ve got every thing to gain.
Tea Party patriots, libertarians, independents, constitutionalists. You are all going to have to work in concert to get this country turned around. You are going to have to work together to regain what has been lost. Just like your enemies have been in bed together for years, strange bedfellows indeed, you are going to have to find common ground and make your own way to save America. It is time for a viable third party. It is time to put the government back into its Constitutional role and if necessary, force people to become accountable for their own actions. It is time America divested itself of every of the liberal social engineering policies and social justice tripe that has brought us to this place. Just as Chris Matthews claims that Alinsky is the hero of the left, the founding fathers are the heroes of the right and that is who we should be looking to for our inspiration. Those who understood the meaning of ballot or bullet.
Men who understood and wrote:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.
- He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good. (Has passed laws for political reason, not economic).
- He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them. (denies states rights that should legally be their own.)
- He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only. (arrogant politicians do not carry out the will of the people).
- He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures. (passing laws in the dead of night, under cover of darkness with none of the promised transparency).
- He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people. (“I won!)
- He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within. (Czars, czars everywhere but not a leader among them.)
- He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands. (just the opposite, has allowed illegal immigrants sanctuary rather than following the rule of law and has repeatedely lobbied to give them amnesty and reward them for illgal activities to gain a 20 million voting block).
- He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers. (Has hired the most inept and corrupt AG for the US.)
- He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries. (Judicical activism is allowed to run rampant in lieu of interpreting the Constitution, sanctioned by politicians up to and including the president for political gain.)
- He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance. (Census, ACORN, IRS, Czars and Czarinas.)
- He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures. (will not use our military for defense nor protects our borders.)
- He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power. (wants his own military within our borders outside the purvey of the DOD or US military.)
- He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:(The current administration with the help of the secretary of State has sought to forfeit our sovereignty to the UN or other global bodies.) *snip*
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us… *snip*
The founding fathers understood full well and took action.