1. The actions of Major Nidal Malik Hasan at Fort Hood today are reprehensible. Families are devastated. There are no adequate words to convey the loss and sorrow, the horror that was done by one man.
2. And yet, one would think that the commander in chief would devote more than 2 minutes to the tragedy and not make it about himself, but the narcissist in chief did just that. Speaking at the Tribal Nations Conference meeting of Native American leaders, Obama stated at the end of his remarks ” We will make sure that we get answers to every single question about this horrible incident and I want all of you to know that as commander-in-chief there is no greater honor but also no greater responsibility for me than to make sure that the extraordinary men and women in uniform are properly cared for and their safety and security when they are at home is provided for.” Then, on to more business.
3. Obamas words: “there is no greater responsibility for me than to make sure that the extraordinary men and women in uniform are properly cared for.” I call BS on that. 2 words: VA Hospital.
4. In the background of all this, the Senate saw fit to go ahead and ram this bill through to a vote. A moment of silence is all they could spare for the tragedy. I can guarantee you that even the slip shod haphazard treatment most of our military gets in the VA will be vastly better than the care they, and we, will receive under the worst piece of legislation in American history.
5. I see from the update at ABC that General Cone has stated that Hasan was wounded but in custody. Oh goody. Be prepared for CAIR to step in and try to rationalize his behavior. Just, steel yourselves for the religion of peace to come to the aid of a man who could not measure up to the uniform he wore. Just know now, in advance, that we will be made the bad guy in this whole thing because of teasing. Teasing, what are we in the 8th grade? Grown men tease each other all the time and usually the teasing includes all kinds of profanity and remarks about family members….so what? Teasing? Wait for it.
6. Personally, I hope that they either hanghim high or put in the same room with surviving members of families he has destroyed and let them mete out justice-oh, yeah, and add 5 years each per person for hate crimes as well. Didn’t think that would come full circle, now did you, CAIR?
7. The military might consider handing him over to Texas to proscute. We have an express lane for executions.