ME, ME, MY PLAN, BUSH’S FAULT, INHERITED DEFECIT, ME, ME ALABAMA BAD/ME GOOD, ME, ME, REPUBLICANS BAD/ME GOOD, ME ME, MY PLAN, BUSH’S FAULT, DO IT FOR TEDDY!!!”
By my count there were no less than 20 references to town hall protesters or dissenters as stupid, bickering, fear mogering, playing games, or some other deragatory remark:
wild claims-special interests use the same old tactics to keep things exactly the way they are. If you misrepresent what’s in this plan, we will call you out. – partisan spectacle – disdain many Americans have towards their own government.-scare tactics – unyielding ideological camps that offer no hope of compromise – score short-term political points – robs the country of our opportunity – charges and counter-charges, confusion has reigned – bickering and games The best example is the claim, made not just by radio and cable talk show hosts, but by prominent politicians that we plan to set up panels of bureaucrats with the power to kill off senior citizens.Now, such a charge would be laughable if it weren’t so cynical and irresponsible
By my count there were not less than 15 dings of the conservatives, including more lies about them not being at the table to discuss healthcare….set the record staight, Mr. President…you never invited them. And to my Republican friends, I say that rather than making wild claims about a government takeover of health care, we should work together to address any legitimate concerns you may have.
Apparently, the sky will fall and people will fall in the streets dead; people’s money will simply disappear and businesses will mysteriously be shuttered: Everyone in this room knows what will happen if we do nothing. Our deficit will grow. More families will go bankrupt. More businesses will close. More Americans will lose their coverage when they are sick and need it the most. And more will die as a result.
The top ten lies of this partisan debacle include:
1. not one dollar will be added to the deficit; it will be paid for by identifying and stopping abuse and fraud
2. abortion will not be paid for buy your tax dollars
3. illegal immigrants will not be covered
4. people will be dying in the streets if we do not act
5. tort reform will be addressed
6. health care will not be rationed
7. Obama doesn’t want private insurers to go out of business
8. only 5 percent of the population will sign up for the care according to the CBO
9. the CBO number say this will cost $900 billion over 10 years and is sustainable with revenues collected
10. you will not lose your health care
Truth angers people more than a lie, apparently.
I applaud Joe for telling the truth when his Republican brothers did not stick up for him. The office of the president deserves respect when a respectable man is in it. When a charlatan is in it, it is our duty to expose him.