Can someone tell me why our President surrounds himself with czars that are not accountable to congress or the American people, in fact, while he still has cabinet vacancies??? Some of them are dangerous, others just weird. Below are some of the more cringe worthy.
CAROL BROWNER, Climate Czar
Until last week, Carol M. Browner, President-elect Barack Obama’s pick as global warming czar, was listed as one of 14 leaders of a socialist group’s Commission for a Sustainable World Society, which calls for “global governance” and says rich countries must shrink their economies to address climate change.
Early in her first term as EPA head, Browner got caught by a congressional subcommittee using taxpayer funds to create and send out illegal lobbying material to over 100 grassroots environmental lobbying organizations.
On her last day in office, nearly eight years ago, Browner oversaw the destruction of agency computer files in brazen violation of a federal judge’s order requiring the agency to preserve its records… Not only were all the top officials’ hard drives cleared and reformatted, but e-mail backup tapes were erased and reused in violation of records preservation practices. [hat tip]
NANCY-ANN DEPARLE, health czar.
The official overseeing White health care reform efforts earned more than $5.8 million in the past three years from her work for major medical companies, according to a personal financial disclosure and other public records.
Read more here.
RON BLOOM, manufacturing czar –
A union man, Bloom was in the negotiating room when the shareholders had to eat the debt of Chrysler. “ Also at the hearing, Bloom denied that the government had coerced Chrysler’s debtholdersinto dropping a legal protest that they were being treated unfairly in court. Some holders of $6.9 billion in secured Chrysler debt initially protested that they were being pushed behind unsecured creditors such as the United Auto Workers union’s retiree health care trust.” An SEIU man.
KENNETH FEINBURG, pay czar – Feinberg’s actual title is “special master,” charged with supervising pay for the top 100 salaried executives at bailed-out companies receiving “exceptional assistance” from the government – AIG,Citigroup, Bank of America, General Motors, GMAC, Chrysler, and Chrysler Financial. Special master? Pay czar…need I say more?
· Forced abortions. Mass sterilization. A “Planetary Regime” with the power of life and death over American citizens.
· In a book Holdren co-authored in 1977, the man now firmly in control of science policy in this country wrote that:
· Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who “contribute to social deterioration” (i.e. undesirables) “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility” — in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational “Planetary Regime” should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans’ lives — using an armed international police force.
Holdren is one scary guy with some unnerving ideas….and he is in charge of our science?
And such extremist views do not bode well for 2nd Amendment supporters:
Second Amendment considerations. Be very wary of this guy.
Glenn Beck has a succinct list of the czars.
Due diligence will be needed to keep an eye on the czars, many of which have skirted confirmations or vetting, as in the Van Jones debacle.