17 Afghan Military Members AWOL From U.S. Air Force Base
A nationwide alert has been issued for 17 members of the Afghan military who have gone AWOL from an Air Force base in Texas where foreign military officers who are training to become pilots are taught English…
The Afghan officers and enlisted men have security badges that give them access to secure U.S. defense installations, according to the lookout bulletin, “Afghan Military Deserters in CONUS [Continental U.S.],” issued on June 11 by Naval Criminal Investigative Service in Dallas…
The most recent Afghan to disappear from Lackland was First Lt. Javed Aryan, who went AWOL in January 2010… The others listed in the NCIS report disappeared at various times last year.
And you can really read the whole disgusting story here.
Let me see if I’ve got this straight.
- We’ve got Afghan military personnel at a base in TX.
- They are, for the most part, miliarty pilots, but all military.
- They all have little card thingys that gives them access to US military installations.
- They’ve been missing for a minimum of six months.
- They apparently disappeared at different times.
- After the first one went AWOL they apparently didn’t boost security on the remaining Afghans.
- We’re just finding out about this.
Well gee, I wonder…
- I wonder who in Congress knows and when they knew.
- I wonder if TX law enforcement was ever informed and when.
- I wonder what Federal law enforcement organizations were informed and when.
Oh, and if NOT why the hell not.
Oh yeah, and how did the investigative geniuses at the NYT and WaPo manage to miss this and, since it’s Friday, will this come up with Mr. Gibbs today? Will it make any of the Sunday porn but Fox? Will TheBoyPresident™ mention it? Will anybody ask him?
OK, the above are rhetorical questions. The REAL question is this, will any Republican elected to the Congress have the guts to mention this little glitch and if one does will the Republican leadership hide under the sofas with an intern and issue a directive that the offending Critter apologize? Now that I’ve re-read that, I see that’s likely rhetorical too.
Can we please have some adults on the scene please? Please. Somebody who, like, gives a damn about the security of the nation.