Because The BoyPresident™ sure isn’t qualified for anything else.
I’m on my way out the door so this has to be quick, please read both of FA’s blogs.
There was a vigorous debate about TBP’s response to the pirate hostage “crisis”. Some RS contributors felt he did a good job, authorizing military force and getting the “crisis” resolved in six days. My position was “hogwash” it could have been over in a couple of days or less because the restrictive RoE’s kept the SEALs from acting earlier and it was only the courage shown by the on-scene commander who ordered the SEALs to shoot when they did – a questionable order given the RoE’s – that resolved the problem.
I was right. [applause, applause]
From FA’s first cite:
Having spoken to some SEAL pals here in Virginia Beach yesterday and asking why this thing dragged out for 4 days, I got the following:
1. BHO wouldn’t authorize the DEVGRU/NSWC SEAL teams to the scene for 36 hours going against OSC (on scene commander) recommendation.
2. Once they arrived, BHO imposed restrictions on their ROE that they couldn’t do anything unless the hostage’s life was in “imminent” danger
3. The first time the hostage jumped, the SEALS had the raggies all sighted in, but could not fire due to ROE restriction
4. When the navy RIB came under fire as it approached with supplies, no fire was returned due to ROE restrictions. As the raggies were shooting at the RIB, they were exposed and the SEALS had them all dialed in.
5. BHO specifically denied two rescue plans developed by the Bainbridge CPN and SEAL teams.
6. Bainbridge CPN and SEAL team CDR finally decide they have the OpArea and OSC authority to solely determine risk to hostage. 4 hours later, 3 dead raggies
7. BHO immediately claims credit for his “daring and decisive” behaviour. As usual with him, it’s BS.
So per our last email thread, I’m downgrading Oohbaby’s performace to D-. Only reason it’s not an F is that the hostage survived.
TBP is a danger to the nation. God help us, and thank God for military commanders who are willing to put their careers on the line to do the right thing. And damn the people who are giving TBP cover.