President Obama angrily called for greater African American turnout for Hillary Clinton during a speech in front of the Congressional Black Caucus on September 17, saying it was a “personal insult” to his legacy if they failed to do so.
“Tolerance is on the ballot!” Obama shouted. “Democracy is on the ballot! Justice is on the ballot! Good schools are on the ballot! Ending mass incarceration, that’s on the ballot right now!”
President Obama is correct when he says these things because in reality, “We The People” have experience the following during his presidential term:
- Intolerance to people who have disagreed with his policies.
- Many economic, social and political decisions were made without full consent from the whole legal population.
- Lack of fairness or justice has occurred to many in the legal population when policies, programs, immoral social issues were forced on people who disagreed.
- The most current National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) rankings, consisting of 34 counties, the USA ranks 26th in math, 21st in science and 17th in reading. When it comes to spending the USA is 5th. This indicates our schools in general are a failure compared to other countries.
- Incarceration of people who break the laws are part of the nation’s rule of law. If laws are ignored which they have been over the last eight years, the government is advocating anarchy.
In conclusion, yes these issues should be on the ballot right now to make sure that “We The People” are not harmed because the President believes his legacy is more important that the welfare of the USA.