- While our president deliberates, more and more of our soldiers die in Afghanistan. Counseled by the likes of Axelrod, Emmanuel and Biden, our president is flying blind only by his choosing. He has the learned advice of Petraeus and McChrystal at his disposal and yet he waffles. It’s 3:00 a.m., the phone is ringing and no one is home.
- Searching out a new way in Iran, a new way to reach accord with our favorite Holocaust denier, our president thought that by abandoning our allies in Eastern Europe we could persuade our old communist enemy to join us in bringing pressure to bear on Tehran. Let’s recap that – we abandon our friends and allies, so that we can try to persuade our enemy. Oh, what a fool our president is – so we send our esteemed Secretary of State who comes home with her tail between her legs and an unequivocal message from Putin et al. – our relationship is “reset” alright – he tells us that the Russians reserve the right to adopt a doctrine of preemptive nuclear strikes and that they will not join American calls for stiffer Iranian sanctions. In the meantime, the Czechs and Poles continue to wonder whether America is friend or foe. It’s 3:00 a.m., the phone is ringing and no one is home.
- As part of our Afghani deliberation, our president floats the trial balloon that we might make “toleration” with the Taliban – oh, excuse me, the Tollybaan – in order to focus our efforts on Al-qaeda. After all, the Tollybaan is really geographically limited in influence and is not the reason we are in Afghanistan. Never mind, Mr. President, that the Tollybaan has been murdering thousands of men, women and children in Afghanistan and Pakistan for more than a decade, is borne of the same jihadist mentality as Al-qaeda, stones women to death for nothing and destroys basic human dignity at every opportunity . . . oh, I forgot . . . and has murdered more than 150 Pakistanis within the last seven days. Yeah, you’re right, Mr. President, we can tolerate them. It’s 3:00 a.m., the phone is ringing and no one is home.
- Just as a point of interest, does anyone know where those signs advertising the “American Reinvestment and Recovery Act” are made? I am just aching to pull over on the highway and walk up and inspect those signs. What a hoot if those signs were made in Korea? Mexico? Japan? Canada? Nevertheless, if they are made in America, it’s safe to conclude that the makers of these signs represent about 75% of the job growth associated with this non-stimulus, stimulus.
- Word has it that Obama is in line for this year’s Heisman Trophy after watching the Florida-LSU game last weekend.
TRENDING ON TOWNHALL MEDIA