- CALLING ALL REPUBLICAN UNITED STATES SENATORS – it is time to stop the lovefest with President Obama and it’s time to actually be . . . REPUBLICANS. You remember, the party of less government – yeah, I know, you all haven’t done a very good job of demonstrating that lately, but I believe it’s still in your heart, or at least a few of you. Loyal opposition – what a quaint phrase – how about just being Republicans?
- Every day that goes by makes one thing more and more clear – President Obama has some very, very unpleasant Nixonian traits to him. If you don’t think that there is an enemy’s list in his head, then you haven’t read Saul Alinsky. For those of us old enough to remember, this calling out of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity – doesn’t that seem eerily familiar? And, who is it that President Obama counts amongst his personal friends? I imagine that there is one – a Bebe Rebozo of sorts – but not many. Can’t quite put my finger on it, but there is something strange about him, much in the way there was something very strange about Nixon.
- $825 billion – Are you kidding me? When, I say WHEN, is someone going to stand up and say this is CRAZY TALK!! We are literally bankrupting my future grandchildren’s generation. As I have noted previously, if our Congress was far more concerned about America and far less concerned about the American economy, they would start making the right decisions for the American economy.
- David Frum – saw your new website and read your “scoop” on Palin’s clothes. If Palin’s clothing issue with the RNC is an issue of concern to you, then your reform agenda has a long way to go. I have written previously regarding the reform conservative movement, Reform Conservatism is Ultimately Neither, and I remain convinced of that more today than ever. In a nutshell, I liken the theory that conservatism needs revamping to a kid who, unsuccessfully, uses his skateboard all summer to keep up with the kids on bikes, while his bike sits in the garage, and then pleads with Santa at Christmas for a new bike. Conservatism isn’t broken, David. Quite the contrary, it’s been sitting in the garage . . . unused.
- President Obama’s naivete regarding foreign affairs has been ably demonstrated this week – a. He decided to decide on Guantanamo Bay in a year – let it be clear, this Executive Order is non-binding fluff and, in the absence of a clear and cogent plan to move these detainees to another location and a plan to house future detainees, this one year deadline will be extended; b. He announced that interrogation methods are to be consistent with the Army Field Manual, a move which was noticeably not endorsed by his own National Intelligence Chief, who refused to label “waterboarding” as torture; and, c. He, privately, pushed forward on his 16 month withdrawal pledge in Iraq, only to be privately told by his major military advisors, including the Secretary of Defense, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and General Petraeus that adherence to a strict 16 month withdrawal deadline was not wise and should be lengthened to meet changing conditions on the ground and sustain stability.
TRENDING ON TOWNHALL MEDIA