In recognition of the 15-year-old North Carolina sophomore “Deez Nuts” the teen presidential candidate, we decided to step away from research to take a look back at other political candidate names that inspired a chuckle.
1) Young Boozer | The 39th State Treasurer of Alabama.
2) Janelle A. Lawless | Former chief judge of the 30th Circuit Court in Ingham County, Michigan.
3) Krystal Ball | Former congressional candidate for Virginia’s 1st district. She may have lost the race in 2010 but she’s done well for herself — Ball later became a TV personality host for MSNBC The Cycle.
4) Ryan Fattman | Massachusetts State Senator
5) Frank Schmuck | Somewhere in Arizona
6) Dick Swett | Former New Hampshire State Representative
7) Chief Wana Dubie | Missouri U.S. Senate candidate
8) Dick Day | Former member of the Minnesota Senate who represented District 26
9) BasilMarceaux.com for Tennessee Governor
10) Larry SECEDE Kilgore | Middle name formerly Scott, legally changed in 2012, a Texas secessionist and perennial Republican candidate for various elected offices in Texas