Specter to sells out Republicans (again) for Soros, UAW and ACORN resources. Why not just switch to an Independent like Lieberman?
Specter’s statement is posted below. But let’s face it folks he wasn’t going to win the Republican primary. If the poll numbers were with him he would have just stayed and let the Republicans beg him for votes. They were not as he was trailing Pat Tommey by 21% (51% to 30%) in recent polling.
Now that he switched over he can let the party in power offer him whatever he wants to get his 60th vote. Full story here at HotAir.
“I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary,” said Specter in a statement. “I am ready, willing and anxious to take on all comers and have my candidacy for re-election determined in a general election.”
He added: “Since my election in 1980, as part of the Reagan Big Tent, the Republican Party has moved far to the right. Last year, more than 200,000 Republicans in Pennsylvania changed their registration to become Democrats. I now find my political philosophy more in line with Democrats than Republicans.”
Really Specter? Really? The 200,000 Republicans switched over for the Democratic primary to vote for Hillary Clinton in Operation Chaos! Or weren’t you keeping up with one of the biggest stories of 2008? So Senator Specter you feel “philosophically more in line” with:
- The Department Of Homeland Security labeling veterans and tax day protesters as “extremists”?
- You are OK with the MASSIVE budget deficits?
- The upcoming massive tax hikes?
- Nationalization of the banking industry?
- Nationalization of the auto industry?
- Nationalization of the health care industry?
- Warming up to the Castro brothers?
- Warming up to Hugo Chavez?
- Warming up to North Korea?
- Warming up to Iran?
- The Fairness Doctrine?
- Open boarders with Mexico?
- Amnesty of illegal immigrants?
- Closing Gitmo?
- Letting Gimo detainees loose in the U.S.?
- Cancelling missile defense spending the same week as North Korea test fires long range rockets?
- Card Check? Even though you said No to it already.
- The UAW controlling Chrysler?
- Obama’s civilian force?
And the list goes on and on Senator Specter. And by the way folks – if it wasn’t about him losing in the Republican Primary then why not just switch to Independent like Joe Lieberman? If there were really 200,000 Republicans that switched over then wouldn’t they be around to back him with money and votes as an Independent?
Why not Independent? There were no big dollar backers in that deal. But if he switches to the DNC then he has Soros, the UAW and of course ACORN to redistrict…I mean work on the census. Or can someone prove me wrong?