“Off and Running: Opportunity of a Lifetime” says the Communist Party of the United States regarding Obama’s plan.
The average American’s life is filled many distractions. Children, work, TV, sports and etc so it’s easy to forget that we really do have Communist Party groups running around the country. At a People’s Weekly World event in Cleveland recently the speakers liked what they saw in Washington.
Here’s what Sam Webb, Chairman of the Communist Party of the United States, sees and supports right now:
If this is the case, the Obama administration and the broad coalition that supports him will almost inevitably have to consider – and they already are – the following measures:
* Public ownership of the financial system and the elimination of the shadow banking system and exotic derivatives.
* Public control of the Federal Reserve Bank.
* Counter-crisis spending of a bigger size and scope to invigorate and sustain a full recovery and meet human needs – something that the New Deal never accomplished.
* Strengthening of union rights in order to rebalance the power between labor and capital in the economic and political arenas.
* Trade agreements that have at their core the protection and advancement of international working class interests.
* Equality in conditions of life for racially minorities and women.
* Democratic public takeover of the energy complex as well as a readiness to consider the takeover of other basic industries whose future is problematic in private hands.
* Turning education, childcare, and healthcare into “no profit” zones
You can read the rest of his statement here. Sounds like the Communists are partying like it’s 1969.