The Cancun global warming convention heard the Dominican vice president say rising water level in Haiti’s Lake Azuei was a sign of global warming which requires billions to remedy and for which nations (Americans) must pay.
- Not so, according to the NY Times, 12/14/09, Lake Azuei is rising due to corrupt Haitian governments that do nothing to stop deforestation which causes erosion, flow of silt into the Lake and water level to rise.
Rising water level in Lake Azuei is due to Haitians routinely removing trees from the area and their government’s failure to stop such actions. Even if man made global warming existed, it would not be the problem with Lake Azuei, nor of the thousands who suffer in Haiti. Americans have given a lot of money to Haiti over the years, it’s too bad it wasn’t put to good use. From the NY Times:
12/14/09: “Meanwhile, as the illegal charcoal trade exacerbates tensions between the two countries (Haiti and the Dominican Republic), the ecological damage done to Haiti’s landscape threatens to pull the neighbors further apart in another unexpected way.
- raising lake levels and flooding the road connecting Port-au-Prince to Malpasse.
The original road already lies 2 feet below the water line, but the government has been piling sand on top of it to keep the critical passage open. The lake is rising still.
The government is considering reforesting the hillsides to halt the erosion and dredging the lake and a drainage canal, but thus far, its best hope for a permanent solution is a plan to build a new road on the north side of the lake. That project would cost at least $40 million, and there is no source of funding yet.”…
On the Dominican Vice President’s remarks, 12/10: “Vice President Rafael Alburquerque, predicted yesterday Cancun Mexico, a bleak and uncertain future for the island of Hispaniola, home to the Dominican Republic and Haiti,
- due to the effects of climate change.
Albuquerque predicted that if not put in place concrete actions to reduce global warming, in a relatively short time the rise in sea level.
We strongly urge the developed countries to assume
- historical responsibility and intergenerational obligations (that is, pay billions, ed.)
that allow us, in 2011, acting under a new and effective global climate regime, “ said Albuquerque.”…
- Reference, 12/10/10, “Climate change will affect Hispaniola,” Hoy, Dominican Republic
- photo above pictures delegates in water, ran with article in Hoy pitching the idea of global warming (getting American money) in Hispaniola
and the need for billions (from broke Americans) to fix it. Others have used the idea, as below,
- 12/7/09, “Climate change threatens Maldives,” CBS “News”.
Below, Sports Illustrated propaganda cover, March 2007
Reference, 12/14/09, NY Times, “Environmental destruction, chaos bleeding across Haitian border,” Nathanial Gronewold
Haiti deforestation photo from National Geographic, NASA satellite, 1/14/10, National Geographic, “Haiti earthquake, deforestation, heighten landslide risk” by Ker Than
11/2/2009, from the NY Times: “Last month, the cabinet of Maldives donned scuba gear and held an underwater meeting to highlight the threat of global warming to that nation, the world’s lowest.” (last item in article) Again, the idea is Americans must send billions now and in perpetuity.
- Billions have already been stolen by organized crime in carbon trading and billions more lost in corrupt UN ‘climate’ programs.
P.S. Lord Monckton says don’t believe reports that nothing is happening in Cancun via his <a href=”http://xmmlbchat.blogspot.com/2010/12/lord-monckton-says-to-ignore-reports.html”>Mexican Missive #3 dated Dec. 9.</a> Our future is all planned out for us by the UN Secretariat to whom we will be subservient. With all the elected representatives we have, none have spoken up to say we will be slaves to the UN over all of our dead bodies. Representative <a href=”http://xmmlbchat.blogspot.com/2010/12/lord-monckton-says-to-ignore-reports.html”>must see the detail</a> that is planned for us (quite apart from ‘climate’). It is imperative that the US be removed from the UN completely. (ed.)