The political battle over enforcing abortion laws in Kansas spilled over into ethics charges to revoke the prosecutor’s law license from former Kansas Attorney General/former Johnson County District Attorney Phill Kline.
Twelve days of attorney ethics hearings concluded on Friday. Here are reports from the four days of hearings this week:
- At ethics hearing Kline says grand jury secret agreement with Planned Parenthood “killed the process”, Kansas Watchdog, July 20, 2011. (videos)
- Kline’s defense rests in attorney ethics case, Kansas Watchdog, July 21, 2011.
- Kline alleges ‘politics’ influenced ethics charges in closing hearing statement, Kansas Watchdog, July 22, 2011. (video)
Information about eight days of hearings in Feb.-March 2011:
- Chronology of Phill Kline’s Ethics Hearing, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb. 9, 2011.
- Background reading to prepare for Kline ethics hearing, Kansas Meadowlark, Feb. 9, 2011.