Much has been written about the proposed “stimulus” bill. Perhaps we should take a moment to contemplate what a trillion dollars is before it we spend it on a program which even its’ proponents aren’t sure will work.
- A Trillion Dollars could give every high school student in the US a free college education.
- A Trillion Dollars could buy 16.6 million Habitat for Humanity houses, enough for 43 million Americans.
- A Trillion Dollars is equal to the total 2007 combined revenue of Microsoft, Citibank, Wal-Mart and Exxon.
- A Trillion Dollars is enough cash for 1,000 new Cowboys Stadiums.
- A Trillion Dollars is enough to give every man, woman and child in America over $3,300.
- A Trillion Dollars could pay for a doubling of cancer research funding, treatment for every American whose diabetes or heart disease is now going unmanaged and a global immunization campaign to save millions of children’s lives for the next two decades.
- A Trillion Dollars stacked up in $1,000 bills, would reach 80 miles high.
- A Trillion Dollars could buy everyone on Earth an iPod.
- A Trillion Dollars is enough money to pave the entire U.S. interstate highway system with 23.5-karat gold leaf.
- A Trillion Dollars Could be used to hire 1.9 million additional teachers.
And for you addicted shoppers, A Trillion Dollars would buy you:
8,700 Porsche 911 Turbos ($126,000 each): $1,097,940,000
New York Yankees: $1,200,000,000
New York Mets: $482,000,000
Every NFL Franchise: $8,600,000,000
Dracula’s Romanian castle: $140,000,000
1,000 60SE Lear jets ($11,595,000 each): $11,595,000,000
Denver International Airport: $4,822,000,000
10 Picasso’s (113,400,000 each): $1,134,000,000
Hard Rock Casino in Vegas: $770,000,000
Hong Kong Disneyland: $3,500,000,000
South Pacific Island of Katafanga: $38,900,000
Buy the whole world 100 cans of Coke: $650,000,000,000
Buy 50 Super bowl ads ($2,600,000 each): $130,000,000
Build 1,001 Habitat for Humanity houses (at $60,000 each): $600,060,000
Build 2,000 miles of Metro rail ($150,000,000 per a mile of track): $300,000,000,000
Build 250 hospitals in Third World nations ($41,300,000 each): $10,325,000,000
Produce your own Hollywood movie: $150,000,000
Buy the Maltese Falcon, the world’s most expensive yacht: $100,000,000
Buy 2 Napa Valley wineries ($34,000,000 each): $68,000,000
Buy 26 McDonalds’ franchises ($1,000,000 each): $26,000,000
And last but not least:
- Voting against A Trillion Dollars worth of pork could buy the Republicn Party the US House of Representatives, the US Senate and the White House, provided they stick to their principles and do not let themselves be bought off by A Trillion Dollars.