Scenes From The Week
Liberals seemed to have the murder of President Trump on their minds last week.
- The cover of New Yorker magazine depicts a dead Trump sprawled out at the bottom of an escalator.
- A new clothing line, called “Hanging with Trump,” is selling a t-shirt showing Trump hanging from a red noose.
- The most gruesome of them all is the drawing of Trump being beheaded by a faceless man in a Portland, OR art gallery window.
- Hillary defends a former ambassador:
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) July 19, 2018
- Actor Mark Duplasse tweets a kind word about conservative Ben Shapiro. Following tremendous backlash from the left, he issues an apology.
- During a visit from Judge Jeanine Pirro on “The View,” Whoopi Goldberg flips out and ends segment abruptly. Screamed obscenities at Pirro as she left the studio.
- Self-described “non-binary” 22-year-old with green hair, grabs a young man’s MAGA hat, spits on it and yells, “Get the f*** out of Seattle.”
- Following Trump’s less than stellar news conference with Putin, commentator Jill Wine-Banks said that “the Russian meddling attempts were as serious to her as the Cuban Missile Crisis…or the 9/11 attack and that the summit will live in infamy as much as the Pearl Harbor attacks or Kristallnacht.”
Could This Be The Future Of Cancer Treatment?
Researchers at Stanford University School of Medicine have “created a magnetic wire that could, in theory, be inserted into a person’s vein, where it could snatch up tumor cells that had been magnetized by special nanoparticles.” Although research has been conducted only on pigs so far, this technology has the potential to revolutionize the future of cancer treatment in humans.
“The tumor cells that the magnetic wire picks up are known as circulating tumor cells. These are cells that split off from tumors and float through the bloodstream. By drawing blood and looking for tumor cells, doctors may be able to screen for cancer.” They call this a “liquid biopsy.”
Scientists claim that this “magnetic wire detected 10 to 80 times more floating tumor cells in the blood than a typical blood draw could.”
Although their research is in the very early stages, scientists envision that magnetic wire technology could even be used to determine “if a treatment is working, or even serve as treatment itself.”
Can a fish be more valuable to Mexican cartels than cocaine? It certainly looks that way.
In a small area of Mexico’s Sea of Cortez, lives a fish whose bladder has been highly valued in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Today, wealthy Chinese citizens are willing to spend $250K for just one bladder of a totoaba fish.
Unsurprisingly, Mexican cartels have taken notice of this and have become enthusiastic participants in this market. The Sinaloa cartel had quietly hoped to corner the market on these bladders, until the murder of the cartel’s principal drew much unwanted attention to the lucrative business. This brought Mexican poachers out of the woodwork, some of whom are making upwards of six figures a day selling fish organs to the cartels. Now the area is patrolled by armed Mexican soldiers, making the business much riskier and therefore, even more profitable for poachers.
Have All The Accusations Of Weakness Created a Monster?
To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 23, 2018
Quote Of The Day
Inside many liberals is a totalitarian screaming to get out. They don’t like to have another point of view in the room that they don’t squash and the way they try to squash it is by character assassination and name calling. — David Horowitz