Friday, 28 April to Monday, 1 May
Friday, 28 April
“Trees give peace to the souls of men.” – John Muir
- 27 April to 30 April, 146th Annual NRA Convention. President Trump scheduled to speak.
Firearms Policy for the 2017 NRA Annual Meetings:
During the 2017 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Georgia World Congress Center and the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center in accordance with Georgia law. However, firearms are not allowed in the remainder of the CNN Center, including the food court and shops. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws. *emphasis mine.
Saturday, 29 April
No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 21, 2017
No really. This is our president’s words. History will not be kind to you, Mr. Trump. History will not be kind.
- 8:00 pm – Nerd Prom aka White House Correspondent’s Dinner. Probably afraid the cool kids will splatter him with pigs blood or something, the President is throwing his own Nerd Prom and inviting his Kingdom to attend. The mood is weird, I hear.
But with President Trump declining to attend this year’s 103rd installment, the star power largely MIA and several news outlets nixing their usual bashes, regulars say the “weirdness” factor surrounding the black-tie dinner is high.
Twitter. Popcorn, Wine, and Twitter.
- 2nd Annual CK Birthday Bash. – “Our 2nd Annual Chris Kyle Birthday Bash will be held on April 29, 2017, at the iconic Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth. The event honors the life of the Chris Kyle – Navy SEAL and author of the acclaimed memoir, ‘American Sniper’ – and serves as the primary fundraising vehicle for the Foundation’s mission to Honor God, Country, and Families Who Serve by creating experiences designed to strengthen military and first responder marriages and families.”
- Brexit Summit. Not in attendance will be British Prime Minister, Theresa May. She met with EU chiefs earlier this week.
“On Saturday the European Council will hold a summit where leaders of the other 27 EU countries will discuss their draft guidelines for negotiations, which reject the UK’s pleas for parallel trade and divorce talks.”
- Sixth Wedding Anniversary of Prince William and Duchess Catherine. The link will take you to a plethora of photo highlights from Kate and William’s wedding if your into that sort of thing.
Reflecting on his and Kate’s wedding day, Prince William confessed to ABC host Katie Couric that he wished his mother Princess Diana had been able to be there:
“I think she would have loved the day and I think, hopefully, she’d be very proud of us both for the day. I’m just very sad that she’s never going to get a chance to meet Kate.”
His brother Prince Harry added: “She would have loved Kate.”
- People’s Climate March. Washington, DC. “March for climate, jobs, and justice,” and “We resist. We build. We rise.” Huh??
Oh. I see.
Sunday, 30 April
- President Trump on “Face the Nation.”
“‘Face the Nation’ moderator John Dickerson will sit down with the president at the White House and travel with him to his scheduled rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on Saturday, the official 100th day of his administration.”
- 7:00 am – Space X launches a Reconnaissance Rocket, NROL-76, into orbit from Cape Canaveral.
Monday, 1 May
- 21,000 AT&T employees gave the company another 72 hours, or they’re walking. The parties have been negotiating since February so by no means is this a set deadline.
Welcome, RedStaters to the company WaterCooler! It’s RedState’s only Daily open thread. An open thread means you can chit chat about my diary or another RS diary or if you’d rather talk sports or your dog (you get big points if you post a picture of your pet 😉 ), any topic is a-OK with us here at the ‘Cooler. Enjoy!