If you live in or near Tennessee’s 4th Congressional district, you may want to consider attending one of “Blue Dog” Democrat Lincoln Davis’ seven town halls, which were announced late last week.
Although Davis thankfully voted against the Cap & Trade bill, he has voted for the T.A.R.P. bill, the $787 billion so-called ‘stimulus’ bill (including the subsequent $410 billion omnibus bill (HR 1105)), pay raises for Congress, etc. etc. He’s also playing coy on his intentions regarding ObamaCare and his opinions on the various health care issues that are being debated right now. So here’s your chance to remind Davis in person that “Blue Dogs” were elected on a platform of fiscal conservativism and to be a check on the far-left liberal wing of the Democrat Party (i.e., Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, etc).
If Davis can’t do that, then what’s the point of having him in office?
- Tuesday, August 18, 3:00pm CT – Franklin County Annex, Community Room, Winchester
- Wednesday, August 19, 5:00pm CT – Columbia State, Waymon Hickman Building, Cherry Theater, Columbia
- Thursday, August 20, 5:00pm CT – Crossville City Hall, Crossville
- Friday, August 21, 8:00am CT – Jamestown Community Center, Jamestown
- Friday, August 21, 2:00pm ET – County Courthouse, Jacksboro
- Monday, August 24, 9:00am CT – Kimball City Hall, Kimball
- Monday, August 24, 1:00pm CT – County Administrative Building, McMinnville