Here’s a sampling of tweets sent out by yours truly from the RedState Gathering in Atlanta yesterday. Keep in mind I was only there on Saturday – and was about an hour and half late at that. So unfortunately, I missed Roy Blunt and Pat Toomey on Friday evening, and Tom Price on Saturday.
- Karen Handel – GA SecState & RedState-endorsed candidate for Governor is giving a great speech on quite the novel idea: Requiring citizenship/ID to vote.
- RT @ewericksen: “At his last press conference we learned the President has no faith in policemen or pediatricians.” Liz Cheney
- Liz Cheney is pointing out the folly of holding terrorists in USA super-max prisons, as Debra Burlingame wrote about in a WSJ op-ed yesterday.
- Ken Cuccinelli just gave an inspiring, articulate, rock-solid speech. A great conservative candidate for Virginia AG.
- Michael Williams: “We’ve heard the President say he stands for ‘hope and change.’ We just hope he changes.”
- Marco Rubio: “Popularity and leadership are not the same thing.”
- Marco Rubio: “There’s nothing wrong with compromise on ideas, but you cannot compromise on principles.”
- Marco Rubio: “Cap and Trade would do nothing but make the United States the cleanest third-world country on the planet.”
- Marco Rubio: “Party unity is important, but equally important is what you are unifying behind.”
- Ted Cruz: “I am absolutely convinced that Barack Obama’s greatest legacy will be new leadership in the Republican Party.”
- Nikki Haley: “It’s not about having a Republican majority. It’s about having a conservative majority.”
Each and every speaker was phenomenal, and I am linking to their campaign sites below. These are conservatives that RedStaters can get genuinely excited about, and they need and deserve our whole-hearted support.
- Rep. Roy Blunt (R-MO) Candidate for the United States Senate
- Former Congressman Pat Toomey (R-PA) Candidate for the United States Senate
- Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC)
- Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)
- Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) Chairman, Republican Study Committee
- Hon. Karen Handel (R-GA) Georgia’s Secretary of State & Candidate for Governor
- Liz Cheney
- Ken Cuccinelli (R-VA) Virginia State Senator & Candidate for Virginia Attorney General
- Michael Williams (R-TX) Texas Railroad Commissioner, Candidate for the United States Senate
- Marco Rubio (R-FL) Former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, Candidate for the United States Senate
- Ted Cruz (R-TX) Texas Solicitor General, Candidate for Texas Attorney General
- Nikki Haley (R-SC) Member, South Carolina House of Representatives, Candidate for Governor
Note to self: Driving from Nashville to Atlanta is borderline insane when done as a day-trip. Must go for the entire weekend next year.