This is a follow up to an earlier post on my blog Diddling Dave, Don Imus, and The Media:
Tonight, Dave Letterman explained his “jokes” about Sarah Palin’s daughter…
“We were, as we often do, making jokes about people in the news and we made some jokes about Sarah Palin and her daughter [Bristol]… and now they’re upset with me…” Letterman says on tonight’s show. “These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old daughter. I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl…. Am I guilty of poor taste? Yes. Did I suggest that it was okay for her 14-year-old daughter to be having promiscuous sex? No.” Saying he hopes he’s “cleared part of this up,” Letterman extended an invitation to Palin to come on the show as a guest.
Pathetic. Way to not man up David. This fails miserably on several levels:
1. His writers got the items for this stand up drive-by hit on Palin’s daughter from news accounts. There were no mentions of Bristol, the 18 year old daughter, being with Sarah Palin in New York. So…
2. At worst it was definitely about sliming the 14 year old Willow Palin.
3. At best, Letterman was willing to use Willow as a foil for sliming Bristol… but content to let anyone out there who “didn’t get it” think it was about Willow.
4. So making jokes about raping an 18 year old single mother of a new born is OK?
5. As I said, this explanation by Letterman fails miserably, and…
Letterman fails miserably as a human being… more like a worm.
Jack at The World’s Ruined
Join the conversation as a VIP Member