The benevolent one, President Obama, has found it in heart and the $1.5 trillion “stimulus” bill, to give the working man a break. What kind of break is he going to give the working man, a tax credit that amounts to $13 a week. Hooorah! I’m not sure what I’ll do with that windfall. From Yahoo News:
Q: What are some of the tax breaks in the bill?
A: It includes Obama’s signature “Making Work Pay” tax credit for 95 percent of workers, though negotiators agreed to trim the credit to $400 a year instead of $500 — or $800 for married couples, cut from Obama’s original proposal of $1,000. It would begin showing up in most workers’ paychecks in June as an extra $13 a week in take-home pay, falling to about $8 a week next January.
In the entire $1.5 trillion bill the only place congress could find to cut was the “Making Work Pay” tax credit. They left in $4 billion dollars for the extortionist, voter fraud, group ACORN and God forbid they remove $860,000 for Frisbee courses. They might have cut some of the following things as well:
* $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts
* $380 million in the Senate bill for the Women, Infants and Children program
* $300 million for grants to combat violence against women
* $2 billion for federal child-care block grants
* $6 billion for university building projects
* $15 billion for boosting Pell Grant college scholarships
* $4 billion for job-training programs, including $1.2 billion for “youths” up to the age of 24
* $1 billion for community-development block grants
* $4.2 billion for “neighborhood stabilization activities”
* $650 million for digital-TV coupons; $90 million to educate “vulnerable populations”
But no, it was more important to cut what they give back to “…the mouth of labor the bread it has earned”.
God help us!