Umm. Er. Ah…
Does anyone recall their recent history?
1) Nancy Pelosi’s House in 2009 takes up two versions of a “Health Care Reform” bill. Both versions have squirreled away within their byzantine idiocy, what the libs refer to as the “Public Option” .
2) Both plans are rejected by the Senate, in especial by Senator Joe Lieberman, who threatens to filibuster any bill with the “Option” in it (-thus earning the everlasting scorn of the Radical Unshowered Left). The Senate writes its own version with what they call the “Individual Insurance Requirement”. It passes in late 2009.
3) Knowing that the House would have to write it’s own version of the Senate Bill, and then send THAT version back to the Senate for ratification, Scott Brown runs for the Massachusetts senate seat vacated by Ted Kennedy, vowing to be the “40th vote against Obamacare”.
4) The House cannot send another bill back to the Senate now that their filibuster is broken, so they simply take up the Senate bill as-is. Scott Brown never has to threaten to filibuster, because the original Senate version is what the House finally passed. It only comes back to the Senate in a final version after a Kangaroo Conference.
5) The House affirms the Senate version, with a few insignificant amendments in the early spring of 2010. THE SENATE VERSION STANDS.
Is it me, or are we now, truly, a lawless nation? We are penalized –er, excuse me, “taxed”, if we don’t purchase insurance– but foreign national aliens are not penalized for sneaking across our boarder? Lawless, indeed…
The United States Constitution, Article One, Section. 7:
Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
…You know, since were busy re-writing the Constitution on the fly, let’s re-write the Oath of Office, too; something along the lines of “I solemnly swear (or promise) to faithfully execute the Laws of the United States of America, and will, to the best of my ability, ignore, re-write, and shred the Constitution of the United States. So help me Gaia. ”