It’s more evident than ever the security of our border with Mexico needs to be addressed. The death of border agent Robert Rosas Thursday night is unacceptable should not go unpunished. The Mexican drug cartels are turning Laredo and Phoenix into third world nightmares. Remember this is happening here in America not in South America. Instead of President Obama taking action he’s worried about getting socialized healthcare passed in congress.
Obama hasn’t even mentioned the death of Rosas. I guess getting Gates and Crowley together for a beer is more important than this nation’s security. Bush wasn’t exactly the poster boy for homeland security either. The problems in Laredo and Phoenix started under G.W’s watch. Bush didn’t step in until the last day of his administration to commute the sentences of border patrolmen Ramon and Campean (They were charged with shooting an illegal drug smuggler in the posterior). Is there something I’m missing here?
Those who make the argument illegal aliens do the jobs Americans won’t are only seeing part of the story. Here are some facts from the American Thinker regarding the impact of illegal aliens on our communities:
· Transnational immigrant gangs have been spreading rapidly and sprouting in suburban and rural areas where communities are not always equipped to deal with them.
· A very large share of immigrant gang members are illegal aliens and removable aliens. Federal sources estimate that 60 to 90 percent of the members of MS-13, the most notorious immigrant gang, are illegal aliens. In one jurisdiction studied, Northern Virginia, 30 to 40 percent of the gang task force case load were removable aliens.
· MS-13 activity was found in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
· The immigrant gangsters arrested were a significant menace to the public. About 80 percent had committed serious crimes in addition to their immigration violations and 40 percent were violent criminals.
· While immigration law enforcement is a federal responsibility, ICE cannot do the job effectively without assistance from state and local law enforcement, particularly when it comes to immigrant gangs.
· Failure to adequately control the U.S.-Mexico border and to deter illegal settlement in general undermines the progress ICE and local law enforcement agencies have made in disrupting criminal immigrant street gangs.
The influx of illegal aliens is bankrupting our hospitals, our schools, and overcrowding our prisons. There needs to be immigration reform and it shouldn’t include blanket amnesty for people with backgrounds we can’t verify. Since the Obama administration seems to be ready to surrender this country’s sovereignty the American people have to show their outrage with the Rosas murder, and the lack of concern the federal government has had regarding this nation’s security.