I need a very large abacus.
Does anyone have an abacus with enough beads to count all of the attorneys, businessmen (oops, businesspersons), doctors, accountants and other highly educated persons in Washington. Obviously, whatever the total number, there are not enough. Why can’t all of these self professed geniuses pull the United States out of this economic pickle barrel?
I think I know the answer. The answer is not they are Republican or Democrat. Being a Rino, Dino, Libertarian or whatever has nothing to do with their incompetence.
The real problem, there is a secret political party in Washington called The Nitwits.
Merriam-Webster defines a nitwit as being a scatterbrained or stupid person.
Synonyms: booby, cuckoo, ding-a-ling, dingbat, dipstick and doofus.
Antonyms: brain, brainy, genius
No matter how smart these people think they are (and they have the diplomas and resumes’ to prove they are smart), they just don’t get it. The Nitwit Party believes it is always right even if real life proves they are wrong.
Examples of their Nitwit mentality:
- They believe we can borrow our way out of debt.
- They love their earmarks regardless how ridiculous they may be.
- They say let’s increase spending by raising taxes.
- They say unemployment can be cut by shipping jobs overseas.
- They think it’s the government’s job to be Santa Claus to everyone.
- They believe it’s better to give than to expect people to get an education and actually work for a living.
- They do not believe in people taking some responsibility for their own actions.
- They think it’s okay to control the media in hopes of keeping The Nitwit Party a secret.
- They believe in legalizing drugs and Internet gambling.
- They do not believe in anything that made America the beacon of freedom and free enterprise.
- They do not believe in Abraham Lincoln’s declaration “a government of the people, by the people, for the people”.
- They do do not believe in Thomas Jefferson’s statement “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
The Nitwit Party better believe “the people” are fed up with them.