Since the idea of Obamacare is to get us closer to the great medical care in places like Cuba and Britain, it’s comforting to know what’s coming when we look at the latest examples of rationing across the pond.
- Hip and knee replacements only being allowed where patients are in severe pain. Overweight patients will be made to lose weight before being considered for an operation.
- Cataract operations being withheld from patients until their sight problems “substantially” affect their ability to work.
- Patients with varicose veins only being operated on if they are suffering “chronic continuous pain”, ulceration or bleeding.
- Tonsillectomy (removing tonsils) only to be carried out in children if they have had seven bouts of tonsillitis in the previous year.
- Grommets [i.e. ear tubes – bk] to improve hearing in children only being inserted in “exceptional circumstances” and after monitoring for six months.
- Funding has also been cut in some areas for IVF treatment on the NHS.
Can you imagine the uproar over here were the evil insurance companies demanding any of these policies in order to save money? Once we have the government controlling it all you know things like this will be coming in short order. The only thing that will be going up under Obamacare is how much they will be grabbing out of our wallets.