Let’s see…. Once again the hurricane forecasters were way too pessimistic. How to headline the story?
– US thankful for quiet hurricane season
– Hurricane forecasters proven wrong again
– Is global warming a thing of the past?
Nah, none of those would do. I would have expected maybe
– Climate change complicates hurricane forecasting
so they could get in a little “if it’s not global warming then it has to be climate change” angle.
But no, we get
– Quiet Atlantic hurricane season a boon for insurers
Thanks to El Nino, the 2009 Atlantic hurricane season has been the quietest in more than a decade, offering a reprieve for residents in the danger zone and a chance for insurance firms to refill depleted coffers.