FOX News Channel's 'Scandalous' - CHAPPAQUIDDACK Season Finale Sunday, Dec. 23

For the last three weeks, I have been promoting this series because it is well done and likely changed the course of American political history. Tonight is the last episode wrapping up  Senator Ted Kennedy’s career and life that was forever impacted by his behavior after the 1969 Chappaquiddick accident.

Here is the FOX News Channel press release with links to show segments:

FOX News Channel (FNC) will present the season finale of Scandalous: Chappaquiddick this Sunday at 8PM/ET. The final episode entitled “Stranger Than Fiction” will dive into the later life of Senator Ted Kennedy, as he serves in the United States Senate, decades after his car was found in the waters off Chappaquiddick. The program will spotlight Kennedy as he battles a brain tumor and soon passes away in 2009, taking with him the only true first-hand knowledge of what happened on the night of campaign strategist Mary Jo Kopechne’s death. Speculation and theories continue to surface as the nation tries to fill the void left by Senator Kennedy’s continued silence and shifting stories. An extended director’s cut version containing additional footage and longer guest interviews will be available on FOX Nation, beginning on Sunday at 8:05PM/ET.

 Clip 1: https://video.foxnews.com/v/5981582063001/?#sp=show-clips

 Anthony Marro, former Newsday reporter: There was a deputy sheriff, his name was Christopher Look.

Steve Ewing, former Chappaquiddick ferry operator:  Huck Look, he was a sheriff of Dukes County in those days. He was there for a long time.

Jack Hubbard, former Newsweek correspondent and photographer: He’s a local. He always seemed to me to be really representative of the kind of people who lived in Edgartown.

Michael Graham, Boston Herald Columnist: According to Senator Kennedy, later around 11:15PM, plenty of time to make the midnight ferry back to Edgartown, he says he was tired, Mary Jo Kopechne was tired, so they just decided to go home.

Narrator: It was Sheriff Christopher “Huck” Look who had claimed he saw Kennedy’s car driving on Dike Road around 12:45 am, nearly an hour and a half after Kennedy claimed he left the party with Mary Jo Kopechne.

 Clip 2: https://video.foxnews.com/v/5981581790001/?#sp=show-clips

Liz Trotta, NBC News Correspondent: The sad thing is that the kookiness of scenarios that were suggested in the absence of facts were just all over the place.

Daniel Oliver, former executive editor of National Review: The scandal is that he didn’t obey the statutory obligation to call for help immediately and as a result of that she may have died. So that’s the real scandal and by the time he told his other story, which wasn’t true, there were too many inconsistencies for it to be believed. But the real point is that he didn’t report the accident and that’s the crux of the pattern.

Leslie Leland, former foreman of the Dukes County grand jury: I don’t know, because I’ve heard so many stories and some have some good ideas and possibilities but I don’t, I honestly don’t know what really happened other then he got away with the lightest slap on the wrist and Mary Jo, that was the end of her life.

Michael Graham, Boston Herald Columnist: If there’s ever a story that doesn’t need conspiracy theories, it’s Chappaquiddick.

Clip 3: https://vimeo.com/307149790/bd50e70114

Narrator: One of the more hotly debated issues surrounding the tragic accident is the lack of a thorough examination of Mary Jo Kopechne, after her body was pulled from the Pocha Pond.

Anthony Marro, former Newsday reporter: They never did an autopsy on Mary Jo, so you don’t know what time she died. And if you don’t know what time she died, you don’t know if there’s any chance at all whether she might have been rescued, if Kennedy had immediately sought help from the police or the fire department.

Michael Graham, Boston Herald columnist:  So the diver that the police chief called in was John Farrar. And he gave a lengthy interview a few years later. He claimed that there were hours of air in that car by his estimate when the car went into the water. Hours. John Farrar says I’m not an expert, I’m not a medical examiner, I don’t do the biology part, I do the diving part, but that it appeared to him that Mary Jo Kopechne had been in that car for hours and that she had suffocated before she had drowned.