Florida Republicans Once Again Poised to Decide Presidential Nominee for 2012

Florida Republicans are preparing again to play a historic role in deciding our Party’s next presidential nominee in our quest to win the White House in 2012.   The Republican Party of Florida (RPOF) will conduct its Presidential Straw Poll, known as Presidency 5, this fall and is currently accepting delegate applications to the influential event. Delegates to the RPOF’s Presidential Straw Poll have chosen the eventual GOP nominee since 1979, when then-candidate Ronald Reagan became the declared winner of Presidency 1.  


Presidency 5 (P5) will be held September 22–24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando and will host 3,500 delegates from across the Sunshine State.


In addition to the Presidential Straw Poll, P5 delegates will also enjoy a presidential debate. Fox News will host this nationally televised debate on Thursday, September 22.


Florida will be the first large state to have a straw poll and televised debate with major presidential candidates.


It all begins here with completing a delegate application through www.Presidency5.com by Friday, June 10, 2011.  The selection process is completely open to registered Republicans, with 75 percent of the allocated delegates to be selected randomly via lottery at local county caucuses being held June 15 through August 1.  The remaining 25 percent will be chosen by Republican Executive Committee leaders in each of the state’s 67 counties. Counties are apportioned a specific number of delegates based on party registration.


Here in Broward County, the local caucus will be held on Saturday, June 18th, 2011, at Noon at Broward GOP Headquarters, located at 150 S. Andrews Ave., Ste. 370, Pompano Beach, FL 33069. Please check the Presidency 5 website for additional details.


Republican activists, particularly here in Broward County, work tirelessly in making phone calls, walking precincts, recruiting volunteers, and registering and informing voters of the Republican ideals upon which our Country has been founded.  Whether you are a member of the executive committee, or simply someone who has an interest in the political process, this is the premier opportunity to gather like-minded patriots for one common goal – to win the White House in 2012.


This is an event in which Republicans will be able to recruit and energize new volunteers to further grow our Party. P5, along with Tampa hosting the 2012 Republican National Convention, will allow Florida Republicans even more opportunities to be involved this election cycle.


Delegates will not only be able to meet presidential contenders, but also Florida Senatorial candidates as well as current elected officials and leadership at the local, state, cabinet and federal levels. This is an exciting time to be a Florida Republican and a special opportunity to further develop our party at the local level.  Florida has consistently played, and will continue to play, a significant role in deciding the next leader of the free world. 


Become involved. Join us at Presidency 5. Let’s make history together.